Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Bought me a custombuildt 59 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Norrland, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Some weeks ago my friend Roger offered me to buy his 59 Ford that he buildt like 5-6 years ago. Im no faan of 59 Ford but this one is right up my alley. Will do some small modifications to make it my car instead of his old car.

Toughts?

Attached Files:

KiWinUS, Budget36, AndersF and 8 others like this.
  2. Never been a fan of the '59s either but I must admit, they are growing on me. nice job on the rear of the car.

Sancho and Hollywood-East like this.
  3. Only because you asked..change out the hood (hood scoop doesn't go with the theme), louver new hood, change out slotted mags, for more of a custom wheel/tire combination (chrome wheels with spyder caps, would be my choice).
    Car is mostly going the custom route, but mixed up with some Hot Rod touches.
    Be sure to post the changes you want to make.
    Congratulations, always exciting times getting a new car.

1pickup, Murphy32 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. low down A

low down A

the only thing that jump's out to me is that front grille with them rolled fender's. fender's brought back to match full width grille and some kinda nice chrome bumper would make a nice change. that little scoop was a custom touch ford did on stock 58's and 55-57 t-bird's real popular custom mod in the early sixty's. i alway's liked custom 57-58 ford's, 59's were considered ugly ducklin's but they are gaining a following as time goes on.

JNKYARDDOG_1 and blowby like this.

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

A door knob grille.

Sancho likes this.
  6. vickckik

vickckik

That is a good looking car. It is what it's supposed to be. A custom is just that, different from all others. For about $30,000 to $50,000 you could probably make it look like all other '59 Fords. I would like to see more pictures of the exterior, interior and engine compartment.

7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Great looking car.. Anxious to see your changes..

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Car is right now with a friend and getting some early 70's outlining. But will post more next friday when i pick it up again

KiWinUS likes this.
  9. Hey, it's got rolled pans and I love seeing that; most 'customizers' these day seem to compete as to how big a set of Dagmars they can inflict on the car. While not all the styling is my cup of tea, it won't look like all the others...

10. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

11. Have Reversewheels but they are to wide upfront. They are 15x7 with all offset on the outside. The mixed look with hoodscoop etc is from an era (1964-1973) here in sweden when customs looked like this and often had quanted headlights and tubegrills

40FORDPU likes this.
  12. Quality chrome wheels, spinners, get rid of the name, line it out, keep the scoop and pinner white walls. You yourself know what was done in Sweden back in the day. No sense altering something to fit American, or the HAMB's tastes. Looks like a nice piece of traditional Swedish history you've got there.

13. AndersF

AndersF

Cool. Would look just right in the marmorhallarna. (A Swedish rod and custom show in the 60:s)
    The paintjob is a bit lame for that era but other than that it looks perfect.

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats - dare to be different - pics of wheel options and idea for a grill for hood scoop from '55-'57 T-Bird 20200829_110459.jpg 20200829_110546.jpg 20200829_110617.jpg 20200829_113236.jpg 20200829_113221.jpg

15. Love it.

Norrland likes this.
  16. 54vicky

54vicky

you asked so ditch that stupid looking front work.looks like someone whacked off a slice on each side on an angle.as I said you did ask beauty is in the eye of the beholder said someone with very poor eyesight

Norrland likes this.