Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anybody know this Falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, Aug 28, 2020.

1. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

A friend of mine is looking at this car and was wondering if anyone knows the history of it. I know it has a 429 boss with a automatic and a 9 inch. Its in Roadisland and would like to know more if possible. We have talked to the owner already and seems like a nice guy. No stickers on car its all painted. These are the only pics i have right now.

Thanks Tony 59141.jpeg 59142.jpeg 59140.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71, Deuces and Gammz like this.
  2. Can’t help you , but neat looking car!

3. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Have you confirmed it is a real Boss ‘9? Too many times the owners refer to their engine as “Boss” when they are not. (Kind of like every sbc is from a Corvette) if the engine is real FoMoCo it has value. The execution of the build will reflect the cars worth.

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

May not be an older build . Remember that as well.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

It is a Kaase boss 429 dyno sheet says it has 750 hp.

Tony

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71 and warhorseracing like this.
  6. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Top shelf! Kaase is the Boss ‘9 guru. That Falcon should fly.

7. While not an original it still has great value as a Kaase Boss. Top shelf parts and builder,

Deuces likes this.
  8. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

All the pics that we have seen of this car looks like a quality build. The builder even offered to deliver the car, witch makes me wonder if there is something wrong with it. Ill keep you posted if my friend gets it.

Tony

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  9. Irvan

Irvan

I wouldn't think he would want to deliver and be there when the car arrived if he thought you weren't going to be happy.

VANDENPLAS and egads like this.
  10. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Maybe he's willing to deliver it because he bought something else to bring back along the way.
    Maybe he's retired and wants to see some of the country side for enjoyment.
    Maybe make a deal that if he brings it out and you don't like it or not as described , you pay his gas and some time money. That way you know your only out ( figuratively ) $500.00 and not $75,000 or whatever the price is.

OR - why don't you just go to Rhode Island yourself and go look at it if you are skeptical.
    Plane tickets are cheap or a buddy road trip.
    Besides Rhode Island is a enjoyable state - especially along the coast.

Make it a enjoy life moment.....

11. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

If hes going to deliver it,make sure it is actually his car?,and dont send any money before you actually touch the car?If it sounds too good to be true,it propably is.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  12. RmK57

RmK57

I'd be my guess it's more than 429 cubic inches also.

13. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Looks like a fresh build, Ive been around here a while and never seen it. track or street.

14. Apache Albert

Apache Albert

Kids, this is class

Sent from my SM-G960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. With smart phones and face time...should be easy to get a general idea of the car..I’d make a list of your concerns and ask the questions...ask to see those areas you have questions on...honestly who would throw a motor like that into a turd..maybe he’s proud of his car and wants to do the right thing and have no issues with delivery...man delivery would be nice...such a pita aspect of buying a car..those brokers are worse than used car salesman..you ask for a quote and within minutes your phone is blowing up with “I’ve got a driver in the area that can pick it up tomorrow” only to have to make numerous calls to ask where the guy is 3 weeks later...

40FORDPU and 51504bat like this.
  16. RmK57

RmK57

Iv'e found people selling higher dollar cars do not want tons of buyers snooping around their property. I cant blame them.

flatford39 likes this.
  17. 1934coupe

1934coupe

16 hrs, 1100mi one way. think your friend should seriously look into the logistics of this deal. I can't think of a single person that is willing to do this delivery for no cost. Or deliver a car that far without a substantial down payment. Just examine the fine print and at least pay a vehicle inspector to check thinks out. It may be on the up and up, there are just too many questions. If I owned a Ford car I would put in a Boss 429 in it, I think they are awsome and I'm a Chevy guy. Good Luck.

Pat

18. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Rmk doesn't have to be a high dollar car seller. I don't want anyone snooping around my place at all that's why I won't do CL. I'm almost exclusively a Hamb seller.

Pat

olscrounger likes this.
  19. RmK57

RmK57

See if he can get Bob Tasca to check it out. He should know his Fords and he is from Rhode Island.:D

20. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I agree with everything that has been said. Plane tickets are cheap, i would never hand over money without putting my eyes, or hands on the car. We have done so many road trips to get stuff and for work that it is not a concern. Just trying to find out as much as possible before the trip happens. I thought for sure a car like this someone on here would know it, thats why i asked. Going to pick it up is the least of our problems, just want to make sure it is what it is. It is bigger than a 429, it is a 520ci. There is 2500 miles on it since done. We have seen build pics of it and it started as a nice clean car. Thanks for the input.

Tony

21. Andy D

Andy D

That is a very good looking Falcon! Someone must know of its history! Falcon owners club or other local clubs or events ?
    AndyD