Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Happy Belated Assembly Day!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nifty One, Aug 27, 2020.

1. IMG_1451.jpeg IMG_1447.jpeg View attachment 4799701 View attachment 4799701

Well, as it goes, my 51 Ford Coupe was all set for an assembly day celebration. August 14, 1951, Richmond California Happy 69th!!! So I thought ahead and ordered some 15" Lancers for a little change of pace. Recently retired from the Milwaukee Fire Department as their painter, the newfound time on my hands was happily being used by dialing in a Mallory Dual point with a Magspark. The 53 Merc with 2 94's seemed to really like the mechanical advance. Somewhere early in July I started having difficulty swallowing food and liquid. Late July, a month after retiring I was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. Testing, scanning, imaging then wound up in the hospital for a week with a stent placed in my esophagus. Yes, the week that included August 14. So after I was released, I got to work painting the front stone shield and grill support pieces satin black rather than Argent, also installed those hubcaps. Finally had time to take a few pics, and the most fun I've had in a while and take her for a short spin!
    Douglas (Nifty One)

2. Looking good - Happy Belated Birthday o'51 !

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. ...them Lancers make it!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Here's a pic of the Merc 255 with it's new Mallory distributor and Magspark coil. IMG_1381.jpg

5. Dang, I love your '51. Beautiful car! I like the Argent Silver on the stone shield, but I must admit, the Black does make the grille and bumper POP!....Best wishes going forward with your recent diagnosis............Don.

scrap metal 48 and catdad49 like this.
  6. Wow the car is looking great! Just perfect. Wishing you well. Kick some ass and enjoy a long and healthy retirement.

7. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

8. catdad49

catdad49

All sweet additions, Happy Retirement!

9. D type

D type
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad your feeling better === Great looking car
    Stay safe and healthy and enjoy the ride

10. belair

belair

Looks great.

11. Nice color!!!

12. Nice ride. Happy assembly anniversary.
    Good luck with your treatments.

Phil

13. brady1929

brady1929

Very nice.

14. Great Looking Car! Happy Retirement and Best of Health to you in the future

15. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Always had a soft spot for 51’s, my first at 16. Cancer sucks and I hope you are done with it.

16. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Damn it! Did I miss Nifty-One's Assembly Day again?? I'm going to have to jot that down in my calendar...
    Anywhoo --> Happy Assembly Day!

17. chargin03

chargin03

Great looking car! Happy motoring.

18. Excellent pics and video,,,,,,,great looking car,,,,,,sounds perfect running and shifting .
    Flathead pic looks fantastic as well .
    Congratulations on getting your health back !

Tommy