Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects DRAG SNAKE "Vintage Terror!"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuced Up!, Oct 13, 2017.

1. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Randall, In the name of Ford, Shelby and Holman/Moody . You must spank Jacksons ass at the track and make him cry like a little girl!! IT IS YOUR DESTINEY !! ;););) lol Larry

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Let's see, two left feet and all thumbs. I can see the outcome now. :D

enloe, Deuced Up!, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  3. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

NewDecal2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    enloe, Sancho, malibumonte78 and 12 others like this.
  4. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^ Now it's on!...like Donkey Kong!^^^

5. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  6. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

7. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"I speak softly...but I carry a big set of magic markers!" LMAO!

enloe, Sancho, loudbang and 6 others like this.
  8. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I gotta say Randall you sure outdone yourself this time man you must have lots of time on your hands to create this stuff meanwhile I however have been working here at the house of horsepower something you ford boys know nothing about lmao anyway all I can say is get that car down here so I can get a good look at that cobra in my rear view mirror lol

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I want THAT T shirt^^^^ . You can be a nice guy and make Jackson's Dodge part optional. lol But the Monster Cobra is just too Awesome!!

10. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

[​IMG]

Randall do you remember this moment lol because I sure do lmao

enloe, swade41, INVISIBLEKID and 6 others like this.
  11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Everybody has there bad day. I remember when you had one with your digger. ;)

enloe, Thor1, 0NE BAD 51 MERC and 3 others like this.
  12. Great work! Car looks great. I can't wait to see a MOKAN matchup!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

enloe, Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  13. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of the funniest things I ever did was with Jackson's photo there. Which to be honest was a fluke photo anyway from Ryan's stupid drone! LMAO! Anyway a few months after that illustrious victory there was a big indoor car show in Springfield. We had the Austin there in a cool display with another car simulating leaving the starting line.

HotRodHoliday.jpg
    Anyway. At the rear of the Austin was a big screen TV that was rolling through photos of the build and then of the car at shows and a few from the dragstrip. It took some doing, but I had taken several stills from that drone footage and completely re-did the photo with the Austin pulling away from the Willys! Of course there is only one person that would have any idea what had been done or at least only person it would mean anything too!

20161203_174427.jpg
    So there we are at the show and it took a few tries to casually get Jackson back there to watch the photos scroll through. But finally he is standing there and poof up pops this amazing overhead shot of the Austin winning. The look on his face was priceless and I about laughed my ass off! Good times!

enloe, Thor1, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  14. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Me too I’m just patiently waiting for the chance lol

enloe, Thor1, 0NE BAD 51 MERC and 4 others like this.
  15. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is coming. LOL

This next week we going to hit a parking lot at a huge venue where a friend and fellow car guy works. It is large enough to stretch its legs a bit more, at least a few gears. Then we will nut and bolt check the whole car and hit a test and tune at MOKAN (to be announced).

Yesterday I was looking at my totally decimated 2020 event planner! LOL ...And there are still a few up coming events left, provided they do not get canceled and or we don't feel comfortable etc. But as it stands right now:
    October 4th - American Hot Rod Reunion - MOKAN Dragway
    October 16-18th - NSRA Mid America Street Rod Nationals - Springfield, MO
    November 21-22nd - 7th Annual Hot Rod Holidays Indoor Car Show - Springfield, MO
    February 19-21st - Darryl Starbird's National Rod & Custom Car Show - Tulsa, OK

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  16. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So we are leisurely finishing the interior this weekend. The passenger side is all but installed this morning. And the pieces with the binding look awesome!
    20200830_081622.jpeg

I was ready to install the rear firewall section for real when I decided at this point we really need to finish the safety harness on that side. Originally we were pushing pretty hard to get be ready to go the HAMB/SPAM Drags. I had planned to simple deal with passenger side later.

So we took a few minutes, placed, drilled and cut slits for the wrap around style belts to exit the cockpit and find the hidden roll cage cross bar. (Same as the driver's side shown earlier in this thread).
    20200830_081711.jpeg

Then we glued the carpet in and started installing entry plates etc.
    20200830_083243.jpeg

Using all the "extra" belt securing buckle plates we have to frame the entry points make for a very clean look.

Sent from my SM-G970U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

enloe, kidcampbell71, Offset and 7 others like this.
  17. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I also jacked things up pretty good yesterday. To start with, I could not find any of the round tube I built the driver's side lap belt attachment apparatus with. Apparently I used the last few inches of it.
    20200830_084405.jpeg

Dad found some that would work but it was a bit smaller. My OCD simple would not allow me to do it. So I re-fabricated two knew ones that matched! Above photo shows the original top and one of the replacements out of square tubing below it.

Now I only say that because here is where I stepped in it. These bars get installed on the floor just in front of the wells.
    0_20200830_091752.jpeg

Now the driver's side is ready to go but the passenger side has not been drilled yet. The bars are designed with holes spaced to hit two of the chassis outriggers.

So I pulled the floor carpet back enough to expose this area. From below I drilled a pilot hole up through the chassis and floor. Then from the top I drilled the 1/2" hole. Sat the apparatus in place and marked and drilled the rear hole.

I pulled the carpet back in place and carefully cut openings for the holes with an exacto knife. Then I test fit it. The bolts went in and through but were a bit tight at the bottom, exiting the chassis. So I removed them. Pulled the carpet back and went under with the drill to just wobble the holes a bit.

Unbeknownst to me, the carpet had flopped back in place and the drill snagged a couple of strands and poof!

20200830_081020.jpeg

So after much tool throwing and a quite a bit of cursing, LOL... I came up with this fix, since I have no more carpet!

20200830_080924.jpeg

I have not decided if this is the final look but I had some of the stripe snake lace left over. I cut an aluminum plate that covers the run and wrapped it. I have one for both sides so they will match.

enloe, kidcampbell71, Offset and 5 others like this.
  18. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Finished up the rest of the upper belt parts this morning.
    20200830_102833.jpeg

I really like them. Dad says they look factory. Makes me wonder if they even had shoulder harnesses in Cobras in 1964?

19. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh baby here is some killer inspiration! I finished installing the carpet on the driver's side floor and trans tunnel side.
    20200830_144818.jpeg

It looked nice. Clean anyway. Then I had an idea. Why not take the cool stitched leather carpet binding and install it on the sides of the tunnel cover that sits on the carpet as it rolls under it?

So I pulled it out really quick and installed the binding. I reinforced the back of it with black Gorilla duct tape.
    20200830_144538.jpeg

I put it back in place and WHAT a difference!

20200830_144612.jpeg

20200830_144654.jpeg

enloe, Sancho, kidcampbell71 and 12 others like this.
  20. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

You got to find a 8 ball shift ball because the green 6 ball is too--- , well GREEN! Also now that the Cobra is on the final leg what is the next project so Me , Jackson , James and the rest of guys can give you crap about and cheer you on at the same time! lol Larry

21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

8 ball is bad, you never want to always be behind the 8 ball. ;)

enloe, loudbang, Deuced Up! and 2 others like this.
  22. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

James, haven't you noticed? Ford Guys are always behind the 8 ball ! That's why we try harder. Otherwise we would be just another GM or Mopar guy, no fun or challenge in that! Besides if the 8 ball is in the Cobra and he is in front of the Poison Ivey that would mean Jackson would be behind the 8 ball ! lol Larry

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  23. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Problem is Larry I won’t be behind that cobra so I won’t be behind the 8ball also his shifter knob shows he has 6 gears I only need 5 to outrun him lol

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

25. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Resized_20200830_174748.jpeg
    I am really happy with the way the interior is coming together. It will be nice to know I am riding in comfort out running a car that does not even have a windshield. LMAO! The only thing we have left on this side of the car is an emergency brake handle like the originals and or I am possibly going to mount my cold fire extinguisher somewhere there on the side of the trans tunnel.

26. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The one thing that I noted after our little test run was the temperature of the area where some very unHAMB friendly devices are covered there on the firewall. I am not saying they were too hot, simply hotter than I expected. So this weekend we played around with several options or at least avenues to continually run some cooler air across and around them.

Resized_20200830_174507.jpeg
    That plastic tube is simply an experiment. It is off a small shop vac. It has a 1.5" diameter and helped us not only find the best path from the firewall to the nose but also determine we can go an inch larger. I got online to look around and just look what I found!

71qamNsii3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    The latest technology in bilge pump designs. This is the Turbo 3,000. It takes a 3" hose, burns less than 5 amps, is water proof, is designed for constant use and pushes 150 cfm. I have two of them coming, one for each side. We will mount them up in the fresh air forward of the front wheels and pump it through and around both devices on the firewall.

enloe, Sancho, kidcampbell71 and 5 others like this.
  27. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know if you boys have noticed or not, but this build thread (thanks in part to my goofing off and procrastination) is headed for 100 pages and 3,000 posts!

enloe, bchctybob, Sancho and 7 others like this.
  28. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

So much of it sharing knowledge so much of it pure entertainment! Lots of smiles in all these posts.

bchctybob, Thor1, saltflats and 2 others like this.
  29. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

What really matters is are you still having fun with it?

30. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We are always having fun. I sometimes forget how far this car has come...

1.5.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

12.5.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

15.5.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    bchctybob, Sancho, j hansen and 7 others like this.