Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tremec 3.03 parts source

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Koz, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Koz

Koz

I've been working on a Tremec 3.03 trans for my Vicky, (70 Bronco RAN), between the acts and am having a helluva time finding some relatively simple parts. I need a few roller bearings for the cluster and a good speedo drive gear, along with the c clips for the same, the "slug" that is driven along with the plastic gear and clip that drives the speedo cable. I also could use a good front thrust washer for the cluster.

Anyone know a parts supplier who could get me these things or does anyone have any good used stuff I could purchase?

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

Sorry man, no idea. Here's a bump for ya.

3. tjm73

tjm73

4. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

5. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

The Jeep T150 is basically the same transmission.

6. Look up a company called Transtar. I believe they are nationwide, but they have a location in St.Louis.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. Koz

Koz

I came across a company that deals in mostly Jeep parts as the T 150 is indeed very similar. They have a kit that has all the parts I need for about $35.00! I'm going to call today and see if they can supply me with the appropriate speedo parts as well.

For those who have been following, I'm reworking this trans to go into my Vicky using a T 150 Jeep top and a grafted stick that will give me a full synchro 3 speed with a near identical stick location to an early Ford box and a bit more strength. Pics soon as I get parts on my build thread.

For anyone interested the site is https://www.allstategear.com/T150-3-Speed-s/1997.htm

Thanks for the input again guys!

F-ONE likes this.
  8. Liberty Garage

Liberty Garage

Scott Drake Mustang parts makes a master rebuild kit for $115. Includes all needles, bearings thrust washers etc. Google for a picture. They are on backorder but order through Summit and you will get on the list when they are available sometime in Oct. I just converted one to closed drive and waiting for the rebuild kit to finish. I will-look for a speedo gear for you Great transmission.

Koz and F-ONE like this.