Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest So Cal Speed Shop closing it's doors.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by quickchangeV8, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

mgtstumpy and Special Ed like this.
  2. Jeff J

Jeff J

Read on another site it was the Sweden shop closing !

3. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know the Swedish Mooneyes guys pretty well, let me check and get back to you guys.

4. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Apparently not, its the Cali shop. BTW Mooneyes Sweden is doing well :)

continentaljohn and j hansen like this.
  5. Mike

Mike

Ahhh.

I reckon I was confused, as everything I order from Eckler's arrives in a Mac's box, so I figured it was the other way around.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    loudbang likes this.
  6. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Got this from the “Horses Mouth” one might say?
    Here’s the “Skinny” Pete’s son in law ( Matt Robbins) and former DERALE Performance/C-P Automotive owner Tom Longo which from the 50’s till the millennium made many of the things that most enthusiasts would buy to dress up their engines have it “back in the family”.
    Both of these people are “Family” literally to Pete Chapouris 3rd who started Pete & Jake’s with “Jitney Jim” Jacobs who’s Hot Rod History and fabricating skills are 2nd to none IMHO. They started Re-Pete & Jake’s aka “PC3g” and later re-created SO-CAL SPEED SHOP POMONA through and from So-Cal Speed Shop-Burbank, does that make any sense? Easy explanation Founder= Alex Xydias licensed his original shop name and logo albeit altered in “all caps.”
    So you got that, I spoke with PC4 = “Pete the IV.” This afternoon and he stated that it is indeed in a transition mode and back & staying in the family.
    I later spoke with Scott Lorenzini, who’s a Hot Rod Brother, so this is infact what is going down. Then I called Tom, who I worked for several years ago doing technical support-service @ DERALE PERFORMANCE while I continue with CYCLONE RACING EQUIPMENT (All of the companies mentioned gave something to us as Hot Rod enthusiasts and continue to do so).
    Tom confirmed that this indeed was going down and SO-CAL SPEED SHOP is remaining live and well and will stay with its fabrication included albeit at another San Gabriel Valley Industrial Location.
    “Mick Jenkins Paint” will be taking over the former Pomona location. Stay tuned as more developments occur, but I must say that this is a Great Development in the continued history of SO-CAL SPEED SHOP-SGV..

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  7. :eek:

It may get to the point one of these days that we may have to go back to making our own parts from scratch like the old days instead of buying ready made stuff.:rolleyes:

8. Keither

Keither

How you doing Kevin, been awhile brother, Keith

loudbang and Cyclone Kevin like this.
  9. Muttley

Muttley

The whole damn thing is turning to shit. There's a simple (but not fun) way to solve the problem. I wont post it here but you can probably (or maybe not) guess what I'm referring to.

loudbang and Mark Hinds like this.
  10. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

loudbang and RodStRace like this.
  11. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Thanks for the lowdown Kevin.

loudbang and Cyclone Kevin like this.
  12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Good Keith,
    Still in SR? Hope that you’ve been safe from those fires. Need to see ya when I’m back up there. ;). After all, we’re a bunch of Jokers!!!!:)

loudbang likes this.
  13. James Jeffery

James Jeffery

I manage the So-Cal Speed Shop Northwest store. We are still up and running and still have access to all of the parts. www.socalnorthwest.com

14. 5window

5window

The So-Cal family tree is really confusing. Could someone put up an accurate description or diagram. What's where and how they are connected?

loudbang and Tman like this.
  15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Still in the Tualatin Autobody building?
    What will the new name be?

16. Franchise it baby...........

loudbang likes this.
  17. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I think that that's been the business model from the very beginning.

loudbang likes this.
  18. James Jeffery

James Jeffery

Still in the same building and our name is not changing. So-Cal Speed Shop Pomona is going through an ownership change not us. We are owned by the owners of Tualatin Autobody.

BigDogSS and loudbang like this.
  19. James Jeffery

James Jeffery

So-Cal Speed Shop started in Pomona. So-Cal Speed Shop Northwest, Arizona, Vegas, and Sacramento are all independently owned licensed dealers.

20. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Actually, SoCal Speed Shop was started March 3, 1946 in Burbank CA by Alex Xydias. Even after he closed the shop in the late fifties, he faithfully kept the paperwork and trademarks registered in the Sacramento.

21. 13clicks

13clicks

Cyclone Kevin, loudbang and Lil32 like this.
  22. 34Larry

34Larry

Saw some one here mention the Phoenix store is still open. In my snowbird days, (2008-20017) my buddies and I would attend the once a month early morning coffee and donuts there. Just hanging around and enjoying the cars, the guys and the coffee/donuts while ogling all those parts was so great that the rest of the day afterwards was so anticlimactic I'd go back to my place and go to sleep for the rest of the afternoon. I did see Jimmy S. there one morning, at least I think it was him, as he drove out of the parking lot.
    This being an attachment to the Hairpin pricing I just say, your gonna pay for what ya get.

loudbang likes this.
  23. dmdeaton

dmdeaton

I just ordered some headlight/shock mounts
    Does this mean all my T-shirts will become rare?

loudbang likes this.
  24. gt350hr

gt350hr
    from So Cal

Roadster Supply ( Ray) had everything I needed and is here in the OC which is awesome for us "derilects". Prices are great too.

loudbang likes this.
  25. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

"I did see Jimmy S. there one morning, at least I think it was him, as he drove out of the parking lot."

Did he borrow anything from you?

loudbang likes this.
  26. Keither

Keither

Oh yeah, still at it. Working on a Deuce 5 window these days. Chopped it 4" and laid the pillars back. Have blown 390 Cad in it with a TKO 500 and a 9". Just about ready for paint so hoping to do that this winter. How are you doing buddy? Give me a shout when you are in the neighborhood. You have my number.

Cyclone Kevin likes this.