Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects HELP - Hood flew off my '51 Roadmaster - Will any '51 Buick Hood Fit??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by '51 Roadmaster, Sep 6, 2017.

1. I remember this thread from back when it happened. You've done a great job on the hood. :cool:

But what I want to know is, how much fun was it to rebuild a Dynaflow?
    :rolleyes:

Stogy and '51 Roadmaster like this.
  2. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Wow! That looks great. Any pics of the underside?

Stogy and '51 Roadmaster like this.
  3. '51 Roadmaster

'51 Roadmaster

Right now I’m at 5 light coats of acrylic enamel. I’m most likely to wind up with 7 or 8 when all is said and done.

Stogy likes this.
  4. '51 Roadmaster

'51 Roadmaster

I experimented with several different automotive grade Gloss Black paints until I found the one that most closely matched the original black in direct sunlight. Best of all it was the least expensive and most readily available of the lot and an acrylic enamel to boot. It’s a made in Canada paint that’s sold under Canadian Tire’s generic house brand name ‘Certified’ and called ‘Universal Gloss Black’.

Stogy likes this.
  5. '51 Roadmaster

'51 Roadmaster

I did what I could and had a tranny shop in town here (with experience rebuilding Dynaflows) do the rest. I used a master rebuild kit and thrust pads from CARS, and a new manufacture tourque ball with a neoprene seal. It’s been two years since the work was done and no leaks, no whines, no problems (knock on wood).

Stogy likes this.
  6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Sorry, when I asked for pics of the underside of the hood I forgot to say please. So please will you post the underside pics?

Stogy likes this.