Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bo Huff Coupe?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1stGrumpy, Aug 22, 2020.

1. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

Don't know if it was bos but I'd buy it if it was closer.alot of work done allready

1stGrumpy, Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In 2002 eight of us doubled up and took four rods to Bonneville. We added another rodster in Utah. He knew Bo so we went up to his shop and spent the better part of a day. He gave us a tour of both shops and his bone yard. I don't remember seeing that 41 Coupe any where. The next day he drove up to the flats with a couple of guys that worked in his shop and spent the day with us knocking down a few beers. They came in Bo's 47 or 48 merc coupe---no hood, wide whites, red oxide primer and a white firewall. Still have several pictures of him with the car. Over the years we continued to run into each other at various events. Don't ever remember him mentioning a 41 coupe but he had a lot of cars in his time. Great guy whom I hated to see pass.

Wz Junk or his brother,More Junk here on HAMB,who were with us on the trip, may have more info.

MO_JUNK likes this.
  3. I’m thinking it’s someone who just added the “ Bo Huff “ name.

kinda like all Camaros are yenkos
    All WBC’s are out of a corvette

Just a word to make it sound better
    Either way cool looking car.

Special Ed likes this.

4. dan31

dan31

I usually don't care for the quad headlight mod but it looks pretty good on that 41'.

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was probably a 70's 80's mod when that was popular but wouldn't be a deal killer.

I'd say that the Bo Huff connection may be that it was in his shop at one time or another and not because he actually owned it just as many refer to any car that was ever in Barris's shop as a Barris custom even though the work they did may have been minor.
    What I see is a 41 Ford (which happens to be one of my favorites because dad had a 41 Ragtop when I was born) that has some real nice lines to it and has a serious amount of potential to be an outstanding custom. Plus the price barely pays for the chop in today's prices.

6. Callmaker

Callmaker

Cool car, just not digging the louvers...

7. Hoods can be replaced :D

loudbang likes this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like it All...the Builder had an interesting vision...I hope it sees pavement...And I hope it gets there in a build thread in the Traditional Customs Forum...

Are those Headlight voids for #2 Headlights...or smaller High and Low beam bulbs...either way they seem large for either. I do get there is a bucket and trim that the headlight would fit into of course.

@1stGrumpy thanks for sharing and @kidcampbell71 thanks for adding the images...;)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    VANDENPLAS, 1stGrumpy and loudbang like this.
  9. low down A

low down A

with those two extra ugly as sin headlight's and peeling bondo a foot and a half thick it's the nicely done louver's you don't like?

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

This looks like fiberglass

81BF21E4-735B-433A-BE87-35B7310A22A6.jpeg

While this looks like lead

94FC412D-D3A4-4BE1-966F-4BEF30D7B6DD.jpeg I wonder if it was chopped a long time ago.

11. Was by Bo’s shop several times in the early to mid 2000’s. Don’t remember ever seeing that coupe. I like the chop.

Bo was an interesting guy and he always welcomed us into his shop and museum. I think I still have a couple of shirts he gave me.

MO_JUNK, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A few issues or no, it may be a real good thing that I don't have a sack full of money to blow right now or I'd be hooked to the trailer and on my way way to Arkansas.

13. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

I was traveling with a group of friends on a road trip to the L.A. Roadster show, we were in Utah traveling on secondary roads (way more fun than I’s) One of the cars developed an issue and we were at an intersection on the side of the road surveying the problem. We must have been near a mine because these big dump trucks were turning from a dirt road onto the main road loaded and returning empty. All of a sudden a lowered pick up truck pulled up and the driver leaned out and ask if he could help, it seems that the truckers saw us and let him know “some hot rodders” were broken down “out on the hi way”. It was Bo Huff, he asked if he could help, and if we were in a hurry to go or if we had time to follow him to his place to see he “stuff”. Of course we followed him eight miles down the road to a small town were his museum, shop, and junk yard were. He gave us the tour and were heard some great stories, he was a very gracious host. A couple years later we heard he had passed. What a great adventure.

Stogy, VANDENPLAS, dan31 and 3 others like this.