Register now to get rid of these ads!

chevy inline cyclone intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gear jammer, Nov 22, 2005.

1. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

Just picked up a 3 carb cyclone intake for a 235 chev. , My question is, has anyone ever seen a cyclone valve cover for a 235 chev

2. oneyed

oneyed
    BANNED

I have some old mags that show 6 cylinder covers but as usual state"covers for all 6 cylinder models

3. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Cyclone Kevin sent me a copy of the old Cyclone catalog but it only has dual and triple carb mainfolds.

Attached Files:

4. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

That's cool that you picked an intake, I really haven't seen too many of them, Brian Bauer had one, that was the only one that I have seen though.I believe that@ the shop we have a dual for a Ford 6.
    We didn't make an OHV valve cover for the gmc or chevy six, Cook was pulling away from the speed equipment business during the later part of the 50's due to his belief in market saturation by companies like Almquist,Newhouse & Honest Charley,Gratiot & Speedway just to name a few. Tje whole "Cyclone Products" line was an offshoot of his "Cook's Machine Works" which still exists to this day @ the very same address with the very same ph#(albeit with an additional digit added) which it had since the early 40's.
    If someone had access to a finned valve cover, I don't think that it would be that hard for a pattern maker to crank out a pattern in order to make a match for that intake, Just how many taker would there be to make it cost effective:confused:
    Kevin

5. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

I'll see if I can get a picture of the intake on here. It's in perfect shape. the unusual thing about it is that the carbs are turned 90 degree's from any chevy six intake ive seen. I had a finned valve cover, offy. I don't like them. there bulky looking. I was thinking of making a pattern, maybe more smooth with a couple of low fins or ribs, but I'd like the cyclone name on it.

6. that looks like my Ellis intake almost exactly, but the carbs are on straight on the ellis...

7. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

That'd be great to do a repop on them, three carbs and all.

What about a 2 carb job - for the street boys ;)?

8. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Go ahead & email me some pics of what ya got & I'll take a looksee & see if we can make it do-able. Im always open to new & refined ideas;)
    Kevin

9. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Cool to see somebody grabbed that intake. Was a good price. I just don't mess with inliners so trying to focus $'s spent on current stuff.

Question, what are you going to do about the mounting flanges? I recall that they were all cut off weird or something.

EDIT: For Kevin, I picked up a really odd/cool carb block off plate that says "CYCLONE L.A. Calif.". its cast aluminum. Could be a repop but, I'm going to be using it for my brake pedal. I think that will tie the interior to the engine, huh???

10. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Is it for a 97-94 lower carb base. BTW- How's ya like the Caddies:confused:

11. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Sorry to get off topic!!!!!

You know I love the Caddies. I'm off all next week, so I'm taking a load of stuff to the polisher, and another load to the blaster. Sweet Progress.

Yes correct the 94-97 3 bolt base plate. I need to get it chucked up on a mill, and machine the back to clean it up. Its not the most quality molded piece, thats why I think it could be made from a casting of an original. But it looks good enough for what I want to do with it.

Pic:

Attached Files:

12. gear jammer

gear jammer
    from tucson az

Funny you asked, the guy that had it didn't know that 216 and 235 chevy don't bolt on they clamp on. Just glad he didn't try welding on the manifold. It's perfect as is. Kevin my interest is in a valve cover and maybe side cover. I think you could sell a ton of them if they were cool lookiing. The only other choice is offy or wayne new. there's a few nicsons out there but alot of $$$$.

13. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Learn new stuff everyday. Thats what I love about this place!

14. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

We'll look into it & see what we can come up with. It may take some time though. so be patient;)
    Thanks,
    Kevin

15. Mark Karger

Mark Karger
    from houston TX

I would be interested in liftercovers, valve covers, & inline intakes.I have several 235's in Chevy trucks. mark

16. how many triple carb intakes do you think are floating around today?

Attached Files:

17. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Looks like a screen shop from an "swap meet" held on Instagram yesterday.

I have a twin and a triple cyclone intake.

gassersteve and 6inarow like this.
  18. I get to know join the ranks of others in this chat because I got my new to me cyclone intake with a few fish carbs for good measure.

yes this is the one from the screenshot from the instagram swap.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Stovebolt likes this.
  19. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Cool