Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical GM PS Pump ID??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alteredpilot, Aug 19, 2020.

1. anyone able to ID this by application? thanks in advance IMG_6125.jpeg

2. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

I believe most of those gm pumps are the same , the difference is in the housing ( fitting location) , its pretty simple to use your housing on a good donor pump .........mid 70's gm ?? There are truck pumps with remote fill reservoirs ..

3. Looks kind of like a generic '60's GM pump to me.

4. yeah. I'm not really interested in swapping pumps out of this housing if i can find one that bolts on with the proper return line orientation. I don't want to have to make and route a new line. its a custom application.

5. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

There's nothing to swapping those cans. One bolt and the line fitting and it pops off. Grease the o-ring and pop the new one in. I've changed dozens of them. The problem for most people is the pulley which takes a special puller.

6. Very hard to get that style of can any more.. When I get a picky customer in looking for that style I may have to order 10 or more before I get one, Dont matter what the pic shows at your local parts store more than likely you will get the newer can and no guarantee on the return line location..

7. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

I think that’s a 60s one with a bolt on pulley, I Don’t think you need a puller. Get a pump without the TV he housing it’s a 10 minute job to switch it out

8. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

1972 back...

Dont forget to pull the pressure valve and see how many washers it has. I like three or two with a stock box, with the Lee I remove all the washers and run as much pressure as possible..

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020