Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical EZ wiring - NOT SO EZ Fan Fan, Fan Power question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jadranjohn, Aug 19, 2020.

1. jadranjohn

jadranjohn
    from Ottawa

EZ wiring is a misnomer.
    I am building a 39 Chrysler coupe and in the wiring stage.
    I am wiring my rad fan relay and I don't have power when ignition switch is turned on. I wired the forward section wire labeled Fan Fan to the relay and when I turned on key and jumped the temp switch to ground the fan does not run. When I jump supply 12v to that Fan Fan wire and fan runs. It seems that there is no power to the Fan Fan wire when the ignition key is turned on.
    Also what do I do with the Fan Fan and Fan Power wires that are part of the interior bundle? The installation instructions are not showing this information.
    Has anybody out their gone through this problem and have answers.

2. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Is there a wiring diagram in the kit? Does it tell you where the power to the relay comes from? Usually, the supply power to the fan (not the trigger wires) comes from a source closer to, or directly from, the battery. Could be off the main starter terminal, or alternator. If you only have some of the wiring hooked up, it may not be connected yet?

3. badshifter

badshifter

The Fan/Fan wire has no power to it. It's just in the loom, not attached on either end. You need to use the Fan power wire from the fuse block to power your relay ,and the Fan/Fan wire goes from the relay to the Fan.

flatford39, Tim and chopped like this.
  4. I have used a few of the produced wiring kits and while the product itself is good, the EZ wire kit by far had the worst instructions.

bobss396 likes this.

5. goldmountain

goldmountain

I have had no problem with EZ wiring. Never even looked at the instructions.

6. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Wiring kits have instructions ???

MrkCat37 likes this.
  7. If you have never done wiring before, the instructions come in handy and should be clear in their explanations of how it all goes together so next time you might not need them.

8. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Me too

9. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Wired out several cars and an Electrician by trade so not really a fair comment. Makes it easy on the newer kits where each wire is marked. Biggest mistake I see on cars that have problems is people who just wad everything up and try to shove it out of the way. Doesn't take much longer to route the wire neatly out of the way and makes trouble shooting a lot easier. I always add a ground buss and run a #10 from the battery and ground every light, the body and frame also need good grounds.

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  10. 5brown1

5brown1

The EZ techs were very helpful when I had a question with my install. Call them

11. I always look at the instructions before I buy a harness. Best so far has been Kwik Wire, great instruction book. I keep it in a binder with my notes stapled into it.