Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Who made or sells these valve cover breathers ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kan Kustom, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Screenshot_20200623-193117_Samsung Internet.jpg Anybody know who made or sells these valve cover breathers ? Screenshot_20200623-193117_Samsung Internet.jpg

2. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Sorry for the double picture. I don't know how to delete one.

3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The smooth top looks like Offy breathers. I got a set from Hot heads that have screw on tops for mine. They have several different angles and heights to chose form.

Kan Kustom likes this.
  4. Offy and Moon, I have several styles I have collected

Kan Kustom likes this.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

ebay sells them

bobss396 and Kan Kustom like this.
  6. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Are any that you have, exactly like these with the same angle to bolt on original Hemi valve covers between the spark plug holes ? I have seen many that look like these but the one's I have seen mount on different angles on other surfaces of the early Chrysler Hemi valve covers. These in the picture look like Donovans without the bottom flange that mount with two bolts to the bottom surface of the lower outside bosses on Donovan valve covers. This picture is the first that I have seen this style mounted to Fire power valve covers between the spark plug holes. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  7. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Do they sell these exact style that mount on the angle of the surface between The spark plug holes on O.E.M. Chrysler Firepower Hemi valve covers ? Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  8. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I have looked at Hotheads and have thought about the Fin man breathers they have that mount to the upper inside wall of the valve covers but I really like these in the picture that mount between the spark plug holes with the right angle to go straight up vertically. I would like to find out who made them and if they are available now or at least know what to be looking for at swap meets etc. Thanks.

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

after selling car junk and antiques on ebay full time for 5 years if there is a car part you need for a HOT ROD that can't be found on ebay it pretty much does not exist. you have to search breathers every day until it comes up.

10. I would have to have measurements to compare

11. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

They might be Keith Black. There is a couple of them for sale in the classified here.

Kelly Burns and Kan Kustom like this.
  12. Mickey Thompson... I use to own a pair,

Kan Kustom likes this.
  13. These are the the breathers from Hotheads. If you mount them on the surface where the plugs are with the mounting angle reversed should fit were you want them. The biggest differance I see is the screw on tops as apposed to your smooth tops in the picture. 5-26-18.jpg 5-26-18-2.jpg

Kan Kustom likes this.
  14. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Yes this makes sense to me as the Mickey Thompson valve covers were level across the top on the same plane as the spark plug surface on the O.E.M. Firepower . Just my luck. Probably the hardest and most expensive to find. Maybe someone makes them to fit Mickey Thompson valve covers since they are being reproduced. I think Hotheads sells new M/T's. I will call them. Thanks everyone.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  15. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Those are the ones I have been looking at. I like them and would get them if I can't find the ones in the picture that go between the spark plug holes. Most others mount on the angle on either side of the spark plug surface and I have seen alot of racers flatten the embossed Firepower logo to mount them there but I cringe at the thought of doing that. Your Hemi is awesome. Eye candy for sure.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  16. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I saw them in the classifieds but those have mounting flanges and are at the wrong angle. Thanks for the tip anyway.

17. Thanks. If I can ever get it to run as good as it looks I will be happy. Those breathers tapped slightly at there base so the mounting surface can be relatively small.

18. The pair I sold ten years ago.

mt 001.jpg mt 002.jpg mt 003.jpg

Max Gearhead and Kan Kustom like this.
  19. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

20. Kan Kustom, Elcohaulic and Tman like this.
  21. swifty

swifty

Do you get a free cat with each pair LOL

Max Gearhead, swade41 and Lil32 like this.
  22. She thought they were pretty cool too and thinks I should buy another set to run duals on some M/T's on the blower motor.

Just Gary likes this.