Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 8ba plug lead layouts

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Little Terry, Jul 28, 2020.

1. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

progress on Sams 40 ford 005R.jpg
    Mine is a little different than some shown here so I thought I would share.The four wires for the drivers side are stacked. I used wire ties to keep them separated and neat.The bottom routing of the metal wire looms worked better than installing them on the top of the heads in this instance. The system has been working well for 4 yesrs

progress on Sams 40 ford 006R.jpg

Bandit Billy likes this.
  2. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

years ago someone made distributer caps that ran the contacts inside the plastic so the right side 4 came out the same side and the left 4 did the opposite...
    kept things tight, looked neet… did they ever do it for the 8BA...8CM caps ?

3. Little Terry

Little Terry

Thanks guys. Is there any benefit in making all the HT leads the same length across the whole eingine?

4. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

If understand what your asking, I'm not sure what you would do with all the slack if all wires are the same length. It would do the opposite effect of tidying up the wires as per your first post.
    Think about the millions of combustion engines with different length wires. If there was an advantage to keep the wires the same length, that would be the standard.

5. fabricator john

fabricator john
    from venice fl.

they made those for chevy distributors i belive the brand was crossfire
    fabricator john
    miss you dad

6. To see how much leakage your wires have turn off the lights at night and run your finger tips along each wire . Some wire sets have more leakage than others !