Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from Cedar Lake, IN

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by MarcA, Sep 29, 2017.

1. MarcA

MarcA

Hi everybody, I've been looking, reading, and searching for my next project for many years and finally decided to join. I'm 32 years old and have always likes reading the posts, stories, and classifieds that people share here. I am recently in the market for a Ford coupe 28-31. I've been interested in these cars for a while now but funds limited me actually persuing one. I hope that I can be part of discussions and share my thoughts with everyone. Thank you!

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  2. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

IMG_2021.JPG Welcome! You have good taste.

MarcA likes this.
  3. Welcome.Model A's are out there,keep looking.And add your location in profile...helps you and others that could help.

MarcA likes this.
  4. topher5150

topher5150

welcome from your neighbor to the north

MarcA likes this.

5. Welcome to the Hamb.

MarcA likes this.
  6. silent rick

silent rick

7. Welcome from valpo

MarcA likes this.
  8. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

Welcome, SilentRick and 4 or five others meet for breakfast Saturday mornings @ 7am. You are welcome to join us at Petros Resturant in Hammond on rt.41 across from the old Woodmar shopping center, 6525 Indianapolis Blvd. You might even see a model a coupe there.

Stu D Baker likes this.
  9. Well I would never own a 28/9 Ford anything. LOL
    oldman.jpeg

Welcome aboard. You have been reading for a while so you must have a feel for the drift. Jump in there when ever you are ready, just don't drift too far, you'll be fine. ;)

MarcA likes this.
  10. silent rick

silent rick

marc spelled backwords is cram

MarcA and Stu D Baker like this.
  11. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

MarcA likes this.
  12. rust&patina

rust&patina

welcome from ohio

MarcA likes this.
  13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Welcome to HAMB Marc. We have another guy on here from Cedar Lake, his name is Bill Rinaldi. Maybe you know him?
    Also I have a big old 1942 vintage Monarch lathe that I bought from a shop there in Cedar Lake back around '04/'05 drove up there and hauled it home.

MarcA likes this.
  14. Welcome from Arizona.

MarcA likes this.
  15. MarcA

MarcA

Thank you Jim and I would like to but I have to work this morning. Bill messaged me and invited me also but maybe we could plan next Saturday. I planned on going to the Iron Invasion show in Woodstock, IL that Saturday so I could meet you guys before I head out there. Thank you for the invite and I hope we can meet up soon! Also if you go to the Crown Point cruise night on Thursdays I could meet you out there too, if its still going on this late in the year.

16. silent rick

silent rick

i don't know how many of us will be at breakfast next saturday. half of us are going to the iron invasion and then don't forget about the lions show in morris on sunday. it has a large swap meet but i haven't been there since the pile up left town.
    hey scott, we saw your dad at harry and patty's in hebron last night. i told him to tell you silent rick says hey.

17. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Every check take a little out and one day you'll have that ford

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. MarcA

MarcA

Was finally able to find the exact car I’ve been searching for after years of searching! 1931 Ford Model A Coupe! Mostly all original car that’s been parked since 1968! Went all the way to Delaware to get it last Monday. IMG_6325.JPG IMG_6331.JPG IMG_6363.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. Looks like a great start to a cool build-up. Keep us in the loop............Don.

pprather and MarcA like this.
  20. Neat acquisition neighbor. Looks like your family may outgrow a coupe.
    Looking forward to build progress on your project.

Phil

MarcA and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Marc is a newbie on the HAMB but sure as Hell no newbie at welding and fabricating. I've seen some of his work-- VERY impressive---Give him some time and sit back and enjoy the show!!! Bill Rinaldi