Register now to get rid of these ads!

I really only joined for help & advice about my recently deceased dad's vehicles please help????

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ESMJ, Aug 12, 2020.

1. ESMJ

ESMJ

Okay! Here's the lowdown and dirty...
    Last year my grandmother passed in July. My dad had been taking care of her in lieu of a nursing home for 8 years... This May my dad suddenly had a heart attack and died in his driveway at his house. In conclusion, I have inherited these three cars that I know nothing about that were owned by hoarders and so they were kind of left out to pasture for a little bit? But people in the town where they are have been telling me that they are worth some money? Can anybody give me any kind of idea of what I have or what I'm dealing with because honestly I feel like anybody who's telling me in town is telling me what they like to pay for it or you know manipulating me because I'm a younger woman. Maybe I'm being overdramatic but it doesn't hurt to at least start a thread on a forum to get some input... Thank you any and everybody that helps!!!!
    ~ERS 20200621_144812.jpg 20200621_144812.jpg 20200621_144250.jpg 20200621_144812.jpg 20200621_140646.jpg 20200621_144250.jpg 20200621_140536.jpg Screenshot_20200808-135545_Maps.jpg

2. The GMC truck is somewhat collectable, but really not worth a whole lot in the shape its in. The other two are just junk cars worth scrap in my opinion.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Like 56don said, the only thing there that might interest an enthusiast would be the GMC truck. That said, it needs a LOT of help. The LTD is likely scrap and the Caprice(?) possibly the same. You might want to disclose your general location (state at least) so anyone interested in any of them could give them due consideration. Good luck.

4. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

I understand your situation. ----What to do, what to do. First question is, do you have a title on any of the cars/truck. L1940 has good advice, let them at least know what state your in. More pictures of the other 2 cars would help, at this point it appears that the only one with any real value is the GMC truck. However, even the other 2 have usable parts, trim peices, fenders, dash boards, etc. At the worst situation it's worth junk prices, best situation is a buyer for the car who wants to use it, or part it out. ADVERTISE IT with a state/town. Bill Rinaldi