Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 50 plymouth - red barn paint on the wheels + a poll!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Vannz, Aug 14, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

24.2%
  2. No

75.8%
  1. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love it. It's the perfect car to turn into a "gouk wagon"...adding every possible accessory possible. Looks like you've got a great start on the interior. Went that route my wife's Panel Deliv...so over the top ridiculous that it was cool. pan2.jpg pan3.jpg

2. Consider taking a look at the book "Potatoes Not Prozac" and radiantrecovery.com and seeing if your ~biochemistry is an issue. I can give the gist of it via PM, if anyone wants.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Johnny Vannz likes this.
  3. I'd call that a panel truck. Deliveries are the sedans.

Johnny Vannz likes this.
  4. Johnny Vannz

Johnny Vannz

Right!!! Thats a cool ride man! The wires look good! Man, that is hot!
    Yeah, i want it to be fun and different. I went to chrysler nationals a few weeks back but didnt show the car. I covered it as a press member though and parked in the VIP section away from the show but the car got a LOT of attention. It surprises me how much it gets really. I had a guy follow me for like 10 minutes inyo a gas station just to check it out further. He was in love with it. Im in York Pa and not far from Carlisle pa and both areas have a pretty big car culture. There are old cars with 10 thousand dollar restores everywhere. Who would think my poor mans 4 door would get so much attention!?!?

5. Johnny Vannz

Johnny Vannz

Ill check it out... I dont take prozac and do eat more potatoes than most. Lol. In fact its a staple for me. I dont eat meat. Kinda a vegetarian/pescatarian. As i do eat eggs, some cheese and sometimes seafood. But i eat more veggies than most. I quit drinking heavily in October of 2018 and addressed what was a lifetime MAJOR issue of anxiety with serious panic attacks. Still in the midst of this but i take betablockers and it was like magic. I started drinking again as i did miss it. I am great with it now and it isnt like before when i used to keep chugging just to make the bad stuff stop or feel better about it (long story obviously) but at 40 years old i am the best i have ever been mentally. I do however still eat too much sugar. I love it damn it!

6. Yes, get the book. It's a pretty easy read. It's not perfect, but it may be very helpful.

I've recently discovered an issue with my veganish way of eating: The macronutrient balance was off- too many carbs.

7. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Panel Deliveries are a sub-set of Panel Trucks.

SEDAN DELIVERY passenger car chassis, single rear door.
    PANEL DELIVERY light duty pickup chassis, 2 rear doors.
    PANEL TRUCK including the above, but usually a 3/4 ton or heavier panel truck, including stepvans and sometimes heavier panel's having dual rear wheels.

catdad49 and Hnstray like this.
  8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Every time I see crap like that stuck on an old car now it reminds me of the cars you see in the Walmart parking lot loaded down with stuck on and usually placed backwards port holes and fake gas fillers and the rest of the Autozone plastic chrome aisle trinkets.

9. Define “mount”.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

catdad49, Hnstray, Sandgroper and 2 others like this.
  10. I’m assuming that your wife knew about this.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

catdad49 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

upload_2020-8-15_13-43-34.png
    Rough sketch,lowered, wheels tires,skirts

12. Johnny Vannz

Johnny Vannz

Ya never know

13. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife was on board with it...UNTIL...a guy from Long Island offered me "stupid money" for it...and I sold it out from under her:eek:
    Needless to say, I was in the dog house for quite some time:(

catdad49 likes this.
  14. Once you get into the LSD interior door panels nothing else matters, well the red wheels are good. Put a bull nose on the hood and shave the trunk, ditch the dingle balls and ride around town in style.

15. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Johnny, your putting your personal touches on it ! That a normal thing ,everyone of us has different likes and dislikes . That's a normal thing ,,I'd keep it as clean as you can ( looks like you are) ,drive and enjoy , and as far as life's troubles , that's part of life itself ,it's how we react to those troubles that makes us grow or not ,sounds like you have made a lot of progress , keep making wise decisions , don't return to something that has caused you trouble and you have already conquered . Last if you have not talked to God try it , if you have keep at it , God bless , wish you well .

48fordnut and F-ONE like this.
  16. 80" Lake pipes would be a nice touch imho.

Johnny Vannz likes this.
  17. Johnny Vannz

Johnny Vannz

Appreciate the thoughts. As to the god stuff though, i am and always will be an atheist. Again, thanks though

18. Johnny Vannz

Johnny Vannz

19. The purple roof wasn't really serious, more a goof. Kinda looks like something the Joker would drive. :)

20. Johnny Vannz

Johnny Vannz

Right. Very Joker like. Thought maybe it was your style so i didnt want to knock it down

21. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Winner, winner. Classy look, unlike the red wheels IMHO.

22. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

The door panels are a sign that therapy is required STAT...
    Love the vintage cell phone holder on the windshield.

Seriously, you have a cool old car that appears to have been well maintained. Keep it simple and don't go overboard. If you do paint the top almond make sure you go from the belt line up and include the tops of the door frames.

23. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

I think you need to loose the trim rings. There's just something about red meeting black rubber. It's simple. If you run rings, you need to run moons too.
    Moons no trim rigs, good.
    Moons and trim rings, good.
    Red wheels no moons or trim rings, good.
    Trim rings only, not so good...cluttered.
    Black wheels, no caps, no moons, whitewall tires...great.