Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Mating a T-5 to a 235

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sounder, Aug 15, 2020.

1. sounder

sounder
    from Bath, NC

Can anyone offer any advice? I know that the T-5 will bolt up to the 55 bell housing and the length is fine with the input the shaft. The big question comes to what clutch to use. I am hoping. to use the 55 flywheel. Any help out there?

2. Which T5? S10,Camaro etc. Use the disc that matches the spline.If its a S10 then use a 10 inch Astro van disc if the fly wheel allows.I believe you need to shorten the input shaft about 3/4 inch,or use a spacer adapter .I did on a Chevy V8/T5 swap. Check Utube for a Chevy 6 to T 5 swap.I think a guy did it with a 52 Chevy.

3. Just watched that video.If you have a S10 trans use a Jeep CJ T5 input shaft.Does away with cutting the input to length,and it allows use of the stock disc.

4. RMONTY

RMONTY

I had to have an adapter made. '52 bell housing and a S10 T-5. Had to send the input shaft housing to be modified by the guy that built the adapter. Buffalo Enterprises but others make them I believe.

upload_2020-8-15_19-33-26.png

irishsteve likes this.

5. banjeaux bob likes this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It only works on S-10 T-5 transmissions though.
    https://lugnutz65chevystepside.weeb...ft-swap---diy-and-skip-the-adapter-plate.html
    The 80 buck Jeep inputshaft also lets you run an easy to find in whatever diameter you want or need ten spline clutch disk rather than the harder to find than rocking horse poop Astro van disk. I think I got the last Astro Van disk they sold from Rock auto about five years ago. You can't find the disk by it's self.

7. I did the Jeep input shaft mentioned above. Worked awesome and becomes a straight bolt in.

irishsteve likes this.
  8. 37gas

37gas

What rear end gear do you have? your s10 t5 has a 3.75 first gear. My 66 truck had a 3.37 rear and 1st gear you shifted at about 10 mph like a granny gear.

9. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

I used a Camero/Firebird transmission with an S10 tailshaft housing and shifter. No adaptor or cutting the input shaft.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.