Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Moon(?) gauge cluster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by partsdawg, Aug 15, 2020.

1. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Picked up this gauge cluster at a swap today. Heavy cast aluminum with a Moon plate on it that may have been added. Any thoughts on origins?

Attached Files:

jaracer likes this.
  2. Gman0046

Gman0046

At one time I considered adding a three gauge Moon panel that consisted of Water Temperature, Oil Pressure and Voltmeter. Each of the gauges had the mooneye's on each gauge face not on the panel itself.. The 4 gauge panel you bought looks fine to me but not sure its of Moon manufacture. The gauge metal on your 4 gauge panel appears to be a lot thicker then the present panel they are selling.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like Moon to me

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Anything on the back of wise ?

5. Fordors

Fordors

Seems to me that Moon sold gauge panels before they sold Moon branded gauges.

Max Gearhead and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  6. Gman0046

Gman0046

Fordors may have it right.

7. That is an original Moon label. It's Moon. I've seen them just like that many times before.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  8. Gman0046

Gman0046

Like everything else, they don't make them like they used to. That 4 gauge panel looks quite substantial.
    I once made the mistake of buying a Moon 8K Tach the one they are still selling. It was a plastic POS made in China by small children. Fortunately I got rid of it on the auction site.

9. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

Moon still sells 2, 3, and 4 gauge panels just like that except they don't have the tag on them, but the panels are actually made by Offenhauser and sold as Moon. You can find 'em at Summit as Offenhauser branded.