Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Any Wisconsin HAMB folks look at a car for me?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Ok I have a good friend very interested in this car...I’ve never had a bad dealing with a HAMB member...but this guy is a good friend..a single Dad...a damn good one...he wants something fun to haul the kids in..he’s looking at this:

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1963-chevy-belair-wagon.1124293/

I know he’s spoken with the seller and seems very up and up..I’m just trying to watch out for him..he’s saved up, bought, sold, and I would love to see him in the breeze again with the family in the back seat..

no disrespect to the seller...but it’s a long ride and haul back to Detroit from Wisconsin...

he was looking at another wagon in Ohio...learned the hard way pics don’t always show the real picture...

Again not looking for a Ridler car...just no rust holes, frame rot, body mount rot, floor brace and floor rot..etc..

thanks for any help..again no disrespect to the seller..

2. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I know dave the owner and he is a straight shooter. i know he has cruised this thing around the area for a few years. what i can do if you and dave agree is he can bring the car up to my shop,we raise it up on the 4 poster and take a look/pictures. we have all had some poor deals in the past and i would be happy to help if i can.

3. That’s awesome..yeah my friend said he seemed like a straight shooter..I just figured it would make sense to save him long round trip

4. cshades

cshades
    from wi

just let me know or have dave call me. he is about 15 miles from me.

loveoftiki likes this.

5. 1pickup

1pickup

I know that car. The owner is a real ass-hat!

6. Haha....my buddy is digging the wagon...last one he sent me...giant turd...not a Hamb guy.. I told him never been dicked over by anyone on here... told him “ hell might get a guy to look at it for ya..hope it works out...he’s a great guy and would love nothing more than to haul his kids to school in that car..

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. cshades

cshades
    from wi

sometimes

ffr1222k likes this.
  8. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I know "ass hat" and cshades personally and have for years. Both are up front no bullshit guys. Larry

stickylifter and ffr1222k like this.
  9. cshades

cshades
    from wi

not working today larry?

10. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Worked 10 hour days all through shut down on job site down in Verona. Been on volunteer lay off since July 1st. Company is still trying to set up jobs that where suppose to break ground in March and April. But don't worry I have been working out of town pretty much last 5 years, so Lori has one HELL of a honey do list for me! lol Larry

11. Thanks @loveoftiki for throwing this out there. I appreciate you looking out for me man. OK well so @cshades and @1pickup what do we have to do to get this all orchestrated?

12. 1pickup

1pickup

Hey Chris (@cshades )- I'm gonna try to do this @ home on tuesday, but if I can't, I will call you. My flip phone doesn't lend itself to fancy stuff, & my '39 is currently occupying my lift. I will see what I can do. with a floor jack & maybe my kid's or wife's "real" phone. @0NE BAD 51 MERC - Larry. I love you too.

Thor1 likes this.
  13. Thanks fellas...this is why I’ve hung around here for years...lots of good folks...

14. cshades

cshades
    from wi

let me know-- i do have a pretty good camera for this stuff