Register now to get rid of these ads!

Covid and where we stand as of 6/18...

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by Ryan, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Had a meeting with the H.A.M.B. Drags Science Consultant Group today... That's what I am calling him anyway... And, as it stands, we need the situation to improve before we can have the event. That being said, I am still hopeful.

The hard thing about all of this is that no one can really tell you for sure what is going to happen using numbers, charts, and historical data. Instead, we can only extrapolate what is happening in the now into the future. And given what is happening now is a fairly significant uptick, things look a little bleak.

However, August is still a good ways a way and there is still plenty of time for shit to get straight. So, keep your fingers crossed with me.

Editor's Note: I will do my best to keep this thread updated after talks with my epidemiologist buddy. I want to keep this thing as transparent as possible.

MO_JUNK, Malcolm, Thor1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I don’t know if this will be useful to you or not, but we have been traveling from Illinois (which was pretty much shut down until the last 2 weeks) to Missouri to race our dirt cars since the beginning of June. The racetrack is packed, they have signs posted and people do their best but there are a lot of spectators there. People are really wanting to get out and do stuff, so far I have seen no, nor heard of any issues so far. This is in the Southeastern part of Missouri though. The MOKAN area may be totally different.

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, that's actually one of the things that really scares me. I don't want to be responsible for holding an event that brings Covid from all over the country to one spot simply for economic gain. I've heard people say things like, "don't cancel and let people make their own decisions." But the thing is, I want to be able to make MY own decision without pressure from any one side.

And I'm gonna make my decision with the science that is available. Not only for the safety of others, but selfishly... for my own safety.

I know people are dying to get out there and do things. I am too... But all of the science points to discipline and patience.

Obviously, it doesn't look too good right now. In fact, it looks really bad... But there's still a little time before I have to call it.

grey49ghost, GCDC and 4doorfever like this.
  4. Got my fingers crossed. HRP

5. 4doorfever

4doorfever

Good call. Science and fact are really the only things that matter here. Personal views aside, I think you are doing this the right way. Stay safe and healthy.
    Sent from my LM-V405 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  6. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

7. Buddha Doll

Buddha Doll

So, As of the last couple of weeks, Missouri positive Death flu cases have been rising fast. How many are planning to do the spam drags as of now?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. badvolvo

badvolvo

I'll be there with my 40.

9. I will be there also, with a 40. We own a Funeral Home that does a fair amount of business. We have only had 2 cases. Both elderly with prior respritory problems. Not trying to steer anyone any certain direction but this is what I've seen at my place.