Register now to get rid of these ads!

Our new 65 margay kart!

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by jhouse88, Aug 11, 2020.

1. jhouse88

jhouse88
    from toledo

So my uncle bought this kart when he came back from Vietnam in the early 70s. It was a twin McCullough powered kart but he had it converted to a single engine in the 80s. It has hurst Airheart brakes and is very complete for its age. He had it in his barn for as long as I can recall, hanging on the wall. I asked when I was 7 or so if I could have it and he said “maybe some day”. Well last November, at my sons 7th birthday party, he pulled me aside and told me he was ready to give me the margay. I’m 32 so it only
    Took him a few decades lol. Anyways, here it is in all
    It’s bad ass-ness.!!! We have a old 5hp brigs that will go on it for now but I’m really looking for a master cylinder and piston rebuild kit if they even exist. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

jimmy six, egads, Deuces and 9 others like this.
  2. That’s cool
    Fits your kid like a glove

jimmy six and Deuces like this.
  3. khead47

khead47

Get an old Mac chain saw ! Nothing like the sound at over 10,000 RPM !

Deuces and VANDENPLAS like this.
  4. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

Oh, that kid`s gonna have some fun!
    I remember begging my parents for a gocart in the late 60s, never happened:(

Deuces likes this.

5. Jam a Honda V twin in there with some wheelie bars !!!
    Lol

6. jhouse88

jhouse88
    from toledo

So a small update, I let the boy tear down a billy goat blower I had acquired. It has a strong running 5hp Briggs Flatty on it so since that’s free, we will decided to run thst for now. I ordered chain and a clutch that should be here tommorrow and then all that’s left is figuring out the hydro brakes and wiring a kill switch. Maybe a cool pile then time to terrorize the hood

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Ken Bonnema likes this.
  7. Just Google
    Go kart master cylinder

Phil

Deuces likes this.
  8. roadster1923

roadster1923
    from Girard PA

9. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

McCulloch was a great company back in the '60s and if you raced and were using their engines they took could care of you in the form of Free products they send to you from helmet bags, posters, t-shirts, jackets, key chains, and engine parts.

I still have everything they ever send to me because looking at it reminds me of all the fun I had racing all over the country.

Jimbo

10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This one had a Mac on it 40 years ago when my son and I split the $150 to buy it from a friend I worked. It ran with a 5 Briggs for a few years after the Mac was sold; then stored until his son turned 10 and a Briggs Raptor went on it. He’s now 22 and I’m redoing it for the next generation. Waiting for the upholstery, outer rims from the plater and tires.
    Keep them in the family . B28BC4A6-75F7-452A-8217-87E9FEBCAF67.jpeg BBEECBD1-B045-4519-8127-1B30553970A6.jpeg