Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Found some old Jack Stands and Floor Jack

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zack Methvin, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

Hey guys. Just scored this set of four AJAX Silver Horse Jack Stands from the 40’-50’s. Not planning to use them. I want to preserve the decal tags and restore them back to original if anyone can tell me what the factory colors might have been. I am thinking red or maroon w/ black risers. I have searched but there isn’t much info online about these. I am planning to build a nice shelf and display them along with this old Blackhawk S4 floor jack.

Ideas? Thoughts? suggestions?

Attached Files:

exterminator, dana barlow and slv63 like this.
  2. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

What a find! Ajax was a division of Walker Manufacturing, the company was HQ’d here in Racine Wisconsin. The Ajax listing of Milwaukee probably meant they had another office there. Walker was bought by Teneco, the Racine plant was demolished. Walker was a leading manufacturer of jacks, shop equipment, and automotive exhaust parts, the name lives on but only in name not quality.
    If you search Walker/Ajax, Racine Wisconsin it might lead you to some info on your jack and Stands.

3. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

This is great info, much appreciated. I will do some searching from that angle and see what I can find. Thanks again!

4. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

So they weren`t very good. Which means don`t use them.

5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A bunch of us on the hamb have the stands.. I have 4 and 2 are from my father from the 40’s

Zack Methvin likes this.
  6. NICE Blackhawk S4- does the light work :D?

7. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

I seriously doubt it. It looks complete but judging by the jacks overall condition I would say the light is toast. I am however quite sure it could be made to work again. When I tear into it I hope the internals are reusable.

8. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Cool stuff. Those look like the kind of thing Moriarity would chrome and flake!

9. Do some research on the garagejournal.com they probably have some info.

Zack Methvin likes this.
  10. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

Does the jack still work?

11. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

Not sure, the handle is locked and I still have to get a key made for it. I seriously doubt it will work.

12. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

Well, after much thought, I have decided to sell the floor jack. I really don't have room for it in my tiny shop.

13. Wish you were closer- sold mine a few years back and REALLY miss it!

Zack Methvin likes this.
  14. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

It is a really nice jack for sure.