Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Auction items- What do I have?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KJSR, Aug 12, 2020.

1. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Purchased a box of misc car parts at the auction the other night. These are a few of the things I can't quickly identify.

The wiper motor. Not sure of the application but it looks like it would be easy conversion for an early car. I didn't see if it was 6v or 12v.

Turn signal switch- Is is just a basic aftermarket unit? It looks to be pretty sturdy.

Gauge covers. I have no idea as to what kind of car its for. It looks like some sort of 60's car but I have no idea.

Clock- I'm assuming that it is the same car as the gauge covers but not sure.

I'm not trying to sell them or anything. Really just curious. I did very well on the remainder of the box and this was the leftovers. I know the guys on here will have the answers.....

Thanks!

rt.jpg rt1.jpg rt2.jpg

2. flatford39

flatford39

The top gauge cover is 53 54 Chevy. Not sure of the bottom one.

KJSR and Just Gary like this.
  3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

It looked to me that the cover was for the quad gauge set.....

4. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

'54 Bel Air example

[​IMG]

KJSR likes this.

5. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

And you were right. :) Pretty fast response.

The clock is very nice looking, if it still works I'd figure out a way to mount it in your dash (or maybe make a desk clock out of it.)

KJSR likes this.
  6. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Awesome.....now I just need to buy a 54 to go with my gauges. Thanks for putting the picture up!

7. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Wiper motor is American Bosch, the most common replacement for vacuum motors on trucks & car with overhead mounted wipers, and standard equipment in most school busses. Normally stamped 6v or 12v.
    The Signal-Stat switch is a 4 wire, not as useful as the 7 wire - you have to add another socket or complete lamp for use in a car. The 400 was designed for truck use ...

KJSR likes this.
  8. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Thanks! I will have to take a better look for the 12/6v marking.

9. Clock is a 53-54 Chevy also. Wind up, not electric, last year as '55 went electric.

KJSR likes this.
  10. The wiper motor will have a number on it for the specific application, and yes, the turn signal is aftermarket.

KJSR likes this.
  11. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Another item that was in my box of goodies. I know what it is (I called them a "brodie knob") but thought I would share. It looks old enough to be from the period.....
    IMG_1878.jpg

302GMC likes this.
  12. leon bee

leon bee

Today I busted ass in the heat and humidity on the very last old car or truck I'm gonna buy or build. Now I been studying the above pics, and so I really want a 54 BelAire. Googled around looking at them. Is there no end to this torment?

13. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Rarely :D Same with parts but I am trying:oops: