Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Louisville 2020 pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Gman0046

Gman0046

RacerX, thanks again for the pictures. Looks like its no problem to social distance.
    Stay safe. We plan to cruise the Phillips Lane area tonight.

racer-x and loudbang like this.
  2. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Thanks for sharing. Now I wish I had gone.

3. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Thanks for posting the pictures, at my age and the virus I knew I wouldn't attend.

4. slug

slug

Looks like some folks can't read signs about masks inside building. SOS

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  5. You should have a lot of entertainment tonight!!!!!!! You can hardly see the pavement now from last nights burnouts.

6. As o f 2:45 this afternoon the last car registered was in the 7400's.

R A Wrench, 65pacecar and loudbang like this.
  7. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

mgtstumpy, pwmcx95, wicarnut and 8 others like this.
  8. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

9. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

10. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

11. Rusty Knutts

Rusty Knutts

I thought I saw most of them this year but no way. Friday temps were perfect, nobody passing out in the swap meet. Thanks for the pictures!

racer-x, loudbang and 65pacecar like this.
  12. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Thanks for the photos, looks like a good time!

racer-x, loudbang and 65pacecar like this.
  13. always amazed at the amount of ability and talent folks in motorcar possess........ how does an old busted up guy (like me) ever hope to get in and attempt to drive a sedan chopped like the one early in the post, the vehicle is wonderful to look at, I can't wrap my head around how to get in( or worse...get out) with out needing an ambulance. extraordinary vehicle though. Thanx for the photos, I gotta see if I can stand up outta my chair..........oh wait ,I guess I just answered my question about the sedan. lol

loudbang and 65pacecar like this.
  14. topher5150

topher5150

I've seen a lot of those guys and wondered the same thing. They're in their mid 50s they look 182 months pregnant and yet somehow manage to shimmy behind the steering wheel of a model t let alone get under to work on it.
    Sent from my moto z4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and 65pacecar like this.
  15. That’s because it is that car. Mr. Roussel rebodied it using the back half of a ‘62 Falcon , he then added an old bubbletop he had sitting in his shop. The current paint job comes courtesy of Ed Roth metal flake.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  16. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Whether it’s drivable or not, I will never get my head around the rear tire higher than the belt line look.:confused:

17. Not my cup of tea, it looks like a rodent rod wearing lip stick. HRP

KoolKat-57, clem, i.rant and 4 others like this.
  18. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Thanks for the pictures. Wish I could have been there.

loudbang, 65pacecar and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. yeah,the one I was referencing was the electric blue one posted just ahead of Roussels......I guess my same observation applies though, when they're that low no amount of dedication on my part gets me in it. Hats off to folks who can ,I guess.......the view must be crazy driving down the street or highway, lookin' over and seeing the curb at eye level and all.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  20. I could get in....getting out would require some devine intervention
    Sent from my SM-F900U1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I had a great time. Met racer -x. Best weather i have ever seen for the whole weekend. Yes vendors were down.prolly less than 50%.But i had a ball.....

MercDeuceMan, loudbang, rod1 and 4 others like this.
  22. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I had a great time with both my sons and 2 grandsons. One grandson bought a custom OT truck in the swap meet

23. Rodders

Rodders

Great pics. We had a great time down there.was nice without the big crowds and the car count was down but still had a great time probably one of the best times in a long time.

24. banditomerc

banditomerc

That's the attitude a lot of people take...total disregard for others safety...that's why I chose to stay away..

Sent from my SM-T560NU using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. Thanks for posting the photos, very much appreciated. Kudos to Sonny Jones for that awesome '55 4-dr Chevy convertible, and the entertaining "backstory"!

Like so many others, I was dismayed when NSRA caved and followed Goodguys down the "late model" path. Wish there was a national group who could organize a '65-and-earlier get-together...wow, seems like I ought to know of a bunch of people who do that, but where would that be???

26. Here's looking forward to 2021!

27. I rarely go to a nsra show. I'm more into racing. I did have a good time. The people were cool. The crazy burnouts at night were fun to watch. I would have liked to join in if it wasn't for the threat of a 500 dollar fine if I removed the car from the building. Yes I did see some without masks i just avoided them the same way i avoided cars i didnt care for. To the debby downers there was no muddy mess; the front gate was fine and there were no protesters any where near the area. The horror stories I heard about terrible heat didnt happen. All in all I had a good time. One night after the show we went to one of the top 100 rated beer bars in the world. The assortment of beers from around the world is incredible. The guy that runs the place is a beer savant. On another night went at a cool restaurant on the Indiana side of the river. With so much to see and do I might even go again some day.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@racer-x thanks for sharing the Show as you saw it...Wild Times...

Additional thanks to others who shared pics...

29. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing your pictures, probably should have gone but am in the age group that is most susceptible. Glad that all that went had a good time and it looked like the weather was perfect.