Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Street Rod Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65pacecar, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Gman0046

Gman0046

RacerX has posted a bunch of good pictures on the other 2020 NSRA Nats post.

lothiandon1940 and 65pacecar like this.
  2. hotrod37

hotrod37
    from Indiana

Saw video on YouTube, looked very sparse. Don’t know what day it was.
    Wasn’t a big crowd around the main gate.
    Hope everyone has great time and remains safe!

3. Amen my brother! I'm a party of one myself! Wish i hadn't backed out now :( but I'm going to the hoodlums show here locally. Some of us was having that conversation at the machine shop today, somebody said the numbers will be down this year, and i said i don't give a shit, I'll be there! :D

4. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Its not being a chicken when you realize how much more you have to lose than you have to gain and you make the logical decision. Thats not meant as a slight against those that did go, as many of them don't have to contend with the same result that older guys do. Thats the difference in choosing to go or not to go.....in my opinion. See ya next year!

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

Plan on cruising my 60 Pontiac tonite in the Phillips Lane area. Best I can do.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  6. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Whats the Phillips Lane cruise and where is It?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Phillips is the road that is just south of the Nat's entrance. It goes past the Hampton Inn, Crown Plaza etc. Everyone sits outside on the sidewalk and watch the car's go by. It's not an official cruise, lot's of locals.

R A Wrench and 65pacecar like this.
  8. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Thanks. At the show I'll watch for it. From Lexington but rarely go to Louisville except Street Rods and occasional concert or passing through to St L.

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

Phillips Lane was the sight of the burnout pictures that are on the other HAMB 2020 Nats post.

65pacecar likes this.
  10. Officials use to take that stuff seriously, I witnessed them remove the partisipant entry from the windshild of the offender. HRP

11. Gman0046

Gman0046

HRP, the burnout pictures that were posted took place outside the Fairgrounds. The NSRA has no jurisdiction over Phillips Lane which is a public road that runs in front of the Fairgrounds. Burnouts on Phillups Lane are something that happens every year during the Nats. Usually its not something the Louisville PD condones. Guess they now have bigger fish to fry.

I too have heard the NSRA has yanked window stickers for burnouts within the Fairgrounds but have never seen it happen myself.

12. FityFive

FityFive

I drove on Phillips Lane last night after the NSRA concert (Little Texas) and it was wild. Lots of smoke, multiple cars doing burnouts, and the smell of burnt rubber in the air. No question that the police were letting people blow off steam!

Gman0046 and 65pacecar like this.
  13. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

With the issues and crowd the Louisville PD has had to deal with recently they are probably happy to see some street rodders in town enjoying themselves and likely enjoyed watching some burnouts themselves. Stress relief for the cops. A few under control burnouts are the least of their worries right now.

14. kyhotrod

kyhotrod
    from Kentucky

Just got home, glad we went, even though GMAN was not there. {g}
    7402 registered vehicles, per NSRA at the drawing. 5th number called won it, a Louisville feller. Numbers 1989 and 76 were two numbers called, no shows.
    People were spaced out at the drawing (and no need to drop your ticket in the barrel this time), a very small percentage were not wearing masks, even though big signs said they were required.
    About 40% had no mask on in the exhibition halls, again, even though same big signs there too. And in some lines, people were not distancing. Saw no enforcement going on.
    Disappointed that a number of vendors were not there, I needed some parts. Even though the east side lot was not available, there was plenty of room. Went right thru safety inspection and vehicle weighing, no line at all. Absolutely great weather, this morning started out in the high 50s.

15. ems customer service

ems customer service

just got back home, 7400 cars was the official count, the main parking lot was pretty full, the weather was very good not to hot or cold on friday, a bit warm saturday afternoon, it was apparent that the attendees were all hard core rodeos, very few if local tourists walking around . that made very few stupid questions, WAS GLAD I WENT.

65pacecar and R A Wrench like this.
  16. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Two Okies won Pros Pick and post 48 aint street rods.

65pacecar, Joe Troilo and 1934coupe like this.