Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Roll bar fabrication installation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jamoke, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Jamoke

Jamoke

Who installs a 4-point or 6 point roll bar Midwest I'm close to Chicago but will travel at a Fair price I have a 1941 Chevy business coupe no backseat minimal interior

Attached Files:

2. flatford39

flatford39

Did you ask the guys at Hot Rod Cycle and chassis in Addison??

3. Jamoke

Jamoke

Sorry not a real fan but thanks for the recommendation

4. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Try these guys: Chassis Service, Wadsworth Illinois.
    They built the chassis that is under Racer X’s fuel coupe, and built the four point roll bar in my Cyclone.
    They don’t have a web site but if you Google them you will find the contact info.

loudbang likes this.

5. Jamoke

Jamoke

Can I ask what they charged you total for the installation roll bar

6. RmK57

RmK57

If you want it to be NHRA legal the tubes have to be welded to the frame or outriggers coming off the frame. A bit more time and cost doing it that way.

loudbang and hemihotrod66 like this.
  7. Jamoke

Jamoke

My car will never run lower than 11 seconds so it won't be an issue I plan on staying under 11.50

8. I will second that!
    High Speed Welding in Westmont has been recomended to me by a few peaple, but I have not had any work done by them yet.

9. squirrel

squirrel

If you are going to race, and you put in a roll bar, make it legal. It should only need 5 points, the pass side door bar is optional.

10. RmK57

RmK57

One other point is if you install a roll bar even if it's not legal you still have to get up to date seat belts/ harness every 2 years so may as well make it legal.

loudbang and wraymen like this.
  11. greybeard360

greybeard360

Problem you will have if you put a roll bar in it that isn't NHRA legal, they won't let you run even if the car is slower than 11.50. We ran into that years ago at the Winternationals. Class didn't require a roll bar but the car had one in it. We got rejected because the floor plates were smaller than 6X6 (unibody car). As mentioned, yours will have to be welded to the frame since it has a frame. You will need to remove the interior for them to weld one in also, but carry the rear seat with you so they know where they will have to allow for it.

loudbang and squirrel like this.
  12. fabricator john

fabricator john
    from venice fl.

yes , don't go through the trouble if it ain't legal.
    fabricator john
    miss you dad

loudbang and RidgeRunner like this.
  13. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

If you look at the 2020 rule book, it states cars with OEM frame, can be bolted or welded to frame.

loudbang and squirrel like this.
  14. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

They bent the bar to my spec’s but I installed it. I have no intention of ever racing the car so a four point serves my needs. The bar bolts in with grade eight bolts into 6x6x1/2 plates that are welded to the reinforced area’s of the body structure.

loudbang likes this.
  15. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

NHRA will indeed make you build your rollbar to tech spec, regardless of how fast you run. I wanted to run a car with existing old 4 point rollbar, and they let me run that day, but said I'd need to upgrade to meet spec if I came back again. I didn't go back as I wanted to keep it how it was originally.

loudbang likes this.