Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Louisville 2020 pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Rckt98

Rckt98

That seems like a fucked up idea, given the huge number of pre 48 rods you have in the US and seemingly more cars built every year. Do you really need mid 70's mustangs etc at the SR Nats?
    We do similar to the sliding scale here in New Zealand, but our numbers are alot less overall.

verno30, loudbang, Fordnut40 and 10 others like this.
  2. Graystoke

Graystoke

I'm with you !!!

3. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Last year I saw several 89 blazers and Suburbans.

loudbang, Fordnut40 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

everybodys getting older, attrition, if ya want cars ya have to open it up.

figure8 and MercDeuceMan like this.
  5. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Thanks Brian. Lippy

racer-x and loudbang like this.
  6. primed34

primed34

Thanks for the pics.

7. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Thanks for the pics . This is the first street Nationals I've missed in 44 years .

racer-x, loudbang, 47ragtop and 2 others like this.
  8. Having been to 50 of the 51 Nats now I have to give credit to NSRA for (so far) doing everything possible to make this years event safe.

Registration was great. No crowd and great safe social distancing. Car count is down, swap meet and vendors are down and spectator attendance for a Thursday is off. But you what, in this fucked up year that we call 2020, what hasn't been off....

Kudos to NSRA for having the balls to try and make sure us car guys can have something car related to do this week.

We will see how the rest of the weekend goes!!.

Sent from my SM-F900U1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  9. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Planning to drive over from.Lexington Friday/Saturday. Have fun and be safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and Just Gary like this.
  10. Any other requests? So far we have more pre 48 cars and more photos of people wearing masks.
    I started this thread to show cars that caught my eye. Start your own thread if you want to argue and second guess nsra decisions. This thread is not the place.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  11. Man I'm gonna miss cruising the strip and sitting in my chair on the street, drinking cold beer..... should've went :rolleyes:

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

I've never been to an NSRA usually to many other things going on, but with so many cancellations this year we are planning on the Knoxville event in fall only 4hrs away. Now I'm getting excited, Thanks for the pics Brian and co.

Some great cars, The panel job on that Willys is amazing

13. Daddy_O

Daddy_O

Thank you @racer-x
    Any other requests? So far we have more pre 48 cars and more photos of people wearing masks.
    I started this thread to show cars that caught my eye. Start your own thread if you want to argue and second guess nsra decisions. This thread is not the place.

Agreed! Certain opinions lack an understanding of basic economics.
    If you haven't been paying attention, in order to sustain/maintain these organizations, and put on events of this size, you need to increase the population that are willing to spend the money to participate/attend.
    The "pre-48" mantra died years ago. NSRA, Goodguys, regional events, local clubs, etc. It's the way it is.
    This thread is about coverage of a national event being held during some difficult times.
    Let's keep it to the coverage.
    Now.......back to our regularly scheduled programming........

racer-x, figure8, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  14. Yep
    Yes, actual hot rods made from pre-war cars. And by pre-war I mean WWII, not pre Iraq War.:rolleyes:

15. ...I'm really enjoying the pics, thanks for posting...

16. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Brian thanks for taking the time and posting picture of the swapmeet. That Willys looks awesome and looks like one of Pats paint jobs crazy cool! Be safe

17. That means my ‘85 Chevette can get in!!!

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The 30 year scale is rather silly but the big deal was the almighty $$$ that came with letting later model cars enter. That and pressure from a lot of rodders with pre 48 cars with family members with later model cars that weren't allowed into events. The local "big" event has a 1972 cut off year rather than a sliding scale.

Still as the song says 'Just walk on by" the ones you don't care to look at to the ones you want to see.

I kind of messed with some guys mind last year at the local event when I took ten photos of the car next to his and walked past his car without a second look. I think he was getting ready to tell me all about his great late 60's 4 door sedan too.

R A Wrench, loudbang, racer-x and 2 others like this.
  19. Yep it can- I have seen mid 80’s F100’s there that looked like they drove out of a contractors construction site-wrinkled front sheet metal, mud and all.

uncleandy 65 likes this.
  20. I would take more pre 48 pics but so many of those cars have stupid looking billet wheels. I was able to get some shots at angles that dont show the wheels.

wicarnut, Stogy, R A Wrench and 6 others like this.
  21. Thanks for your efforts

22. Rather see a kid there with his off topic car than not see him there at all. Yeah, everybody wants a 32 Ford, but not all of us can drop $25,000 on a project car. I think it was @Mr48chev that just said walk on by it. It's better for a young man to get into cars, no matter what he starts out with, than for him to get into drugs or other shit.

wicarnut, dehartcarl, enloe and 23 others like this.
  23. Well said! Need all the young guys and young families we can get if this hobby is going to survive

wicarnut, enloe, Stogy and 9 others like this.
  24. I've always been surprised at all of the fiberglass cars there.... rather look at a nice steel 50's or 60's, or even 70's, than a shit ton of fiberglass reproduction cars. But then we're all allowed to have an opinion, right? And @racer-x said it already, more billet wheels there than you can shake a stick at! I guess it is the "street rod nationals" after all. I walk past those cars. I look for the stuff that looks like it fell out of the 60's :D

enloe, racer-x, MercDeuceMan and 4 others like this.
  25. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.

26. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

I really don't want to buy a fiberglass car............BUT $25K for just a body of steel makes me think. Then if I fill the top, thats a lot of work and maybe $800 for a premade panel. I know it can be done with other old panels, but still a tough job to get right. Then there is the top chop. Always wanted to do that myself, but the fiberglass ones are already done. Thought about fiberglass body with all the other panels made of steel. I like fenders on 32s. Even going that way its easy to drop $15k before you even look at buying frame rails,drivetrain, steering, and upholstery.
    Basically it comes down to $25K for a basic steel body or $25K to build a whole car with all steel components except the body. I keep procrastinating...........
    Is Brookville and BeBop even at the Nationals this year?

loudbang likes this.
  27. Brookville is here, I remember their display inside.

Sent from dumb operator on a smart phone

loudbang and ekimneirbo like this.
  28. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I always thought NSRA leaned toward streetrod stuff instead of hot rod stuff...

lothiandon1940 and low down A like this.
  29. Gman0046

Gman0046

scrap metal 48, they always have been a streetrod organization as in NSRA and probably always will be. Just think of where they would be had they not opened up registration to 49 and up. There would be no 50's, 60's or 70's cars at their events. Obviously they did that to make more money. Remember they are in business to make bags of money and nothing else.

30. low down A

low down A

they don't call it the street rod national's for nothin