Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Grounded

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Ukrop, Aug 7, 2020.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Grounded

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

BrerHair, Stogy, Lepus and 9 others like this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cools stuff. I always enjoy seeing your event photos even when they come from a past year. Hopefully someone picks up the slack and posts a lot of photos this weekend.

I've only been to one Nationals and that was Tulsa in 1973 which was the first event my 48 ever was entered in. I'd love to make a trip to Louisville in it when I have it done again.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Am I being narcissistic or was this aimed at me? I gotta feeling this was aimed at me... :)

I've had a number of friends reach out to me about my own feelings towards the NSRA since my last post on the subject, so I thought I would clarify.

As an adult with no real axe to grind anymore, I don't ACTUALLY have a problem with the NSRA. I do think they do some gross shit from a business/marketing standpoint but those opinions are actually pretty ignorant of any real fact... that, and I have this weird punk rock bias that governs my brain on stuff like this. It's a recognized stubbornness.

I don't do the NSRA thing simply because it's not my bag. I don't do large car shows and don't really enjoy the fairground thing. Some people like to go to the mountains... and other people like to go to the ocean. Know what I mean?

Stogy, pwschuh, kidcampbell71 and 6 others like this.
  4. @J.Ukrop Now that your not going to the Nats you can use this time to start working on your roadster!!

5. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan, this was in no way aimed it you. I've had a pretty rocky couple of weeks and I didn't have it in me to start the saga of my roadster just yet. So I got nostalgic about the Nats instead. Some like the mountains, some like the ocean and me? I like the forest.

Stogy, loudbang, HEMI32 and 4 others like this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I was joking... Coonan and I talked about it the other day.

‘I can’t wait to read about the roadster man!

7. fegsta

fegsta

Ryan are nats should be this weekend. Cancelled we are still trying to have fun. That being said we have people that say if you don't have a rod or kustoms you shouldn't be there. Don't you think the nats is a bums on seats thing the more the merry, and it spreads the word. You can have all the little get together but how many would love to take part if they only could and don't meet that criteria. But if they go the nats they have a goal to aim at.? Your thoughts.
    Sent from my KOB-L09 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I have no idea what you just said. ;)

9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

All the bullshit aside, your pictures are great. I could look at the black suede chopped 32 sedan all day long as I have built 2 of them. Thanks

shortypu and loudbang like this.
  10. fegsta

fegsta

Are nats in England nsra

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

12. fegsta

fegsta

No Diss respect what I'm saying is you put a load of trout in a pond with a pike and you end up with one big fucking pike the minnows are what keep the nats alive

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

14. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@J.Ukrop Nice Bunch O Pics...you have a great eye...Love that Mopar Coupe...such a monster presence...I guess a Hemi would be more than fitting for it eh...;)

I bet you'd love having that in the stable...I sure as heck would...

I am going to share a couple of your inspiring pics in a couple of my Threads with Credit of course...;)...

I haven't hit any big shows for years but this show you shared gave your eyes and fingers a workout...thanks for sharing...

It isn't over yet but it's been a Loo Loo...:oops:

The Hamb Helps...:)

16. uncle buck

uncle buck

No disrespect to you, but this minnow has given the NSRA pike it’s last $$ meal

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

fegsta likes this.
  17. chiro

chiro

Great pics. I've been away for a bit. You bought a roadster??? Share the link please.
    Andy