Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Street Rod Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65pacecar, Aug 3, 2020.

1. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Who is headed to Louisville this weekend? May run over for the day on Friday or Saturday, weather looks perfect.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Not this year for me, Covid got us staying home this year. sure going to miss it too.

bobkatrods and 65pacecar like this.
  3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'll be there every day

65pacecar likes this.
  4. i will de there with the nitro street coupe indoors.

65pacecar and Ron Funkhouser like this.

5. I am going, with my 52 GMC pickup.

65pacecar likes this.
  6. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I'll be there. I'm passionate about cars. I'm 63 I should really stay home.But i'll be there. White and rusty 59 elCamino.Most of the time i would say drop in and say Hello. Not to be rude but this time wave from a distance !!!PLEASE BE SAFE EVERYONE

MO_JUNK and 65pacecar like this.
  7. All you guys that are going remember along with all the PPE you will need don't forget to take your camera. :D HRP

MO_JUNK, Just Gary and 65pacecar like this.
  8. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I’ll be looking for you on i65 BA King. I’ve seen your car going the other way several times, just never got to meet up with you. I’ll be in my bellybutton white Freightliner pulling a flatbed going south. Some of us unfortunately still have to work!

65pacecar and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  9. ems customer service

ems customer service

WENSDAY SET UP DAY --- CONDITION OF FAIRGROUNDS, THE CONSTRUCTION IS NOT GOING TO HAMPER THE SHOW. THE MAIN GATE IS NEW NOT FINISHED BUT NOW WILL ALLOW LARGE TRUCKS, RV THROUGH ALL LANES, THE GRASS AREA BEHIND THE MAIN BUILDING NEAR THE SWAP MEET HAS BEEN REGRADED HIGHER TO ELIMINATE FLOODING AND MADE MUCH SMOOTHER, AT 1 PM 1/2 THE SWAP MEET WAS FILLED, THE GRASS BY THE MAIN GATE HAS BEEN REGRADED HIGHER, THE INSIDE OF THE MAIN BUILDING HAS BEED SECTIONED OFF, TTHE ADDITION TO THE FRONT OF MAIN HALL WAS SET ASIDE AS A COVID HEALTH AREA ( NEVER USED). SO THE INSIDE VENDOR AREA IS BACK TO THE OLD DAYS IN SIZE , MANY VENDORS ABOUT 5/8 FULL AT 1 PM WHEN I LEFT. MANY TENTS IN THE MAIN PARKING LOT FOR CAR CLUBS ARE SET UP, GONNA BE A GOOD SHOW

10. The only place a mask is required is in the main exhibition building. I was told there are 6500 pre registered cars. That's still alot to look at. Lots of hamb friendly cars and lots of cars I just walk by. There seems to be something for everyone. It's my first time here.

Just Gary likes this.
  11. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6500 cars is a pretty good car count with half the country in a panicked freakout.

-Abone.

12. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Well,Slept in about 2 hrs late, got ready to leave this Morning. About to walk out of house, went through storage room stepped in hot water. You got it. Hot water heater sprung leak. Had just started, could have been a lot worse. At least day late. could have been a lot worse. Whole family was at beach last week.No major damage except to bank account.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

What booth did you say you would be at??

14. tim troutman

tim troutman

left work today at noon . went over went to the swap meet walked thru thought maybe I can make it back before lunch is over looked it was 12:35. most people I know that are preregistered are not going. was going to wait till tomorrow to go to registration to avoid the crowd. talked to some people that said there was not much of a wait .drove over walked to the elevator no wait not even enough to fill the 3 person & operator max . no line for registration. had to wait 1 trip to ride down 4 people per ride. the main gate is open even if not finished they were laying sod by the truck load. planning on having a great time.

MO_JUNK and uncleandy 65 like this.
  15. 8 members of the club I belong to pre reqistered but decided a few months ago to cancel out, got to wonder just how many of the pre registered will attend. HRP

lurker mick and Gman0046 like this.
  16. Gman0046

Gman0046

Danny good question. I know several people that register a car every year and don't even own a car. Its cheaper to pay the $30 registration fee which allows admission for two to the event for all four days then pay the $19.00 a day spectator fee. Just do the math. This always makes the car count higher then the actual attendance. This year the car count will be much higher then actual attendance due to COVID - 19 concerns and lots of no shows.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    lothiandon1940 and Blue One like this.
  17. I've always been jealous of all the big car shows that happen south of our border.
    Until this year.
    Stay safe & have a good time.

18. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I only saw two HAMB friendly cars today when I came back south on i65 from south of Nashville . In a normal year, you’d see 10-20 a day at the first of the week, by Wednesday it would be 25-50. Not going to be on 65 tomorrow, over here on I59 tonight. Guess those two will be all I get to see this year.....

19. Graystoke

Graystoke

You must know my brother in law. :)

jim snow likes this.
  20. You’re right Danny- the registration numbers include all the pre registered entries-We will never know how many pre registered won’t attend- but it will be many.

21. I dont know the booth number. I'm in the flitz display. I wont be hard to find. Stop by and say hi. I'm handing out pics of the car.

22. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

YOUR CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON!

Just Gary and kabinenroller like this.
  23. ..........I've often done that even when I had a car, but didn't want to take it for one reason or another. Won prizes twice, once at York and again when NSRA had a Richmond, Va. event. Couldn't win a give-away car though as you had to be there Sunday afternoon with your car on the grounds.

24. Saturday afternoon with your car on the grounds....

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. ..........Correct. Guess I missed that 'cause I was gone already.:D;)

26. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Yes, 6500 is a good number, but it's not the amount that are pre-registered, it's the final count that are actually there. My group of 10 cars registered in December and won't be there.

27. Highest registration number I have seen so far is 7200 range. There is a lot of open parking compared to normal on a late Friday afternoon.
    Obvious that a bunch of the preregistration numbers below 4000 are not here.

Sent from dumb operator on a smart phone

65pacecar likes this.
  28. 7000-12000 who cares. It's the amount of fun your having not a car count. I'm having alot of fun with whatever number of cars are here.

29. Gman0046

Gman0046

RacerX, Sorry I didn't get to meet you. I'm not attending this year. I Chickened out.

65pacecar likes this.
  30. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker