Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 700R4 OD question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lovinmysedan, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Lovinmysedan

Lovinmysedan

OK. It's been a few days, but I've gotten the speedo corrected after snail mail delivered the on-line order.
    I also talked to "Dana" today. He tells me the 700R4 should not be going to idle when in OD and releasing the gas pedal. There should be some back pressure with no "disengagement". He has not heard of this happening. But was certain the only components affecting this would be within the overrun clutches. He said a spring was wore, a hub or sprag was damaged.
    He recommended to watch on-line videos and disassemble the trani to inspect things as they come apart. Give him a call when I got around to it and he would help identify good and bad and send me the parts needed to repair it. Parts would be about $100, includes a how to video. I've watched a few videos on line now. Looks too easy. More concrete time soon.
    He did say it should be fine to drive as long as the TV cable was set. We went thru that. I'm confident this is correct. the adventure continues.

6sally6 likes this.
  2. GREAT !.. hope it all works out.. keep us posted with pictures of your "guts"... ! !

3. Any reports ????????