Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Fenton Company history lesson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Automotive Stud, Apr 22, 2010.

1. alchemy

alchemy

I've got a couple sets of Fenton heads for pre-49 flattys. All mine are really nice condition with no corrosion. I don't know if they are so much nicer shape than other old heads cause they were better materials to start with, or because they were removed early on and have set on a shelf for 60 years?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Are you selling them? If you are can I see them and what do you want for them?

3. I have one... A 216 valve cover, but it'll fit a 235 with a stud kit. I have not seen a 4-bolt 235/261 valve cover- I've only seen 4 or 5 of these early style covers, all on eBay, and I bought two at once. A buddy of mine has the second one. I saw a Fenton branded 235 short side cover on eBay once a few years ago, and it bid up out of my price range in the last 20 seconds or so. Not sure if it's authentic or somehow homemade.
    [​IMG]

Here's the other Fenton stuff I have that I plan to use on my truck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. loudbang likes this.
  5. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

We see posts every so often for guys wanting Fenton intakes and cast iron headers for the Ford 223 Six. probably won't see rebops of those.

loudbang likes this.
  6. titus

titus

buick nailhead

ebs121781 and loudbang like this.
  7. Ah, ok. I guess the perspective makes it look much bigger than the Y-Block parts. Bolt hole location and perceived size made me think it could be another straight six part.

loudbang likes this.
  8. R1NO

R1NO
    from MD

After the demise of Patrick's Antique Cars and Trucks... Who acquired the rights to Fenton, and where are these parts currently being manufactured?

loudbang, D type and 31hotrodguy like this.
  9. QuakeMonkey

QuakeMonkey

From what I've read, Speedway acquired the rights as Patrick's never patented them to begin with. I think manufactured in China now, but I'm sure someone else knows the full story.

loudbang and R1NO like this.
  10. schmol

schmol
    from york, pa

What year do you think that intake is from, the newer units have a more plain logo compared to this one.

loudbang likes this.
  11. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

If your Flat head is running real good I would pass on the swap...

loudbang likes this.
  12. I have no idea. I know it's different from the new intakes because mine has the squared ends and the mounts for the linkage rod, while the new ones have rounded ends and no linkage mounts. I had to look the new ones up to look at the logo- I see what you're saying- they don't have the little finned panel under the lettering. I've seen similar square-ended intakes cast with Edmunds and D&S names, and I think I read (on here somewhere probably) that Von Esser had some done with his name on them too. I assume mine is older than the current "new" ones, but I don't know a way to date it.

Someone on eBay is selling PDF scans of 1954 and 1955 Fenton catalogs, I assume on CD since there's a shipping charge on the ad. I've thought about getting one, but I'd sure prefer a paper copy if one would ever show up.

loudbang likes this.
  13. I also see repops of the Fenton chev 6 intake on eBay.

loudbang likes this.
  14. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

Thanks, I ended up getting new Sharp heads.

KiWinUS and loudbang like this.
  15. So I ran across the scanned PDF Fenton catalogs on eBay this evening, and the ad for the 1954 catalog has a picture of the page with the Chevy intake, so I snagged that photo and cropped it. The intake pictured is the same as mine (squared ends, linkage tabs, and same logo). Funny thing is, the logo is facing the wrong way, I guess so it's right side up for the photo. EDIT: It's almost the same logo... Mine has 4 fins under the logo, and this image has 6. Not sure if that's because of them retouching the photo, or what. I'd be real surprised if any of the actual intakes ever had the logo facing the engine instead of the person viewing from the driver's side.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    loudbang likes this.
  16. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I have a single early Oldsmobile Fenton exhaust manifold. Wish I had the other side to make a set because they go for stupid money. Picked it up from an old dude that ran them in an old roundy round car. He wrecked it and destroyed the drivers side. Passenger side still looks great though.

loudbang likes this.
  17. Quoting my own post- I saw a Fenton 216/235 Chevy intake on Instagram the other day and the logo faced the "wrong" way like the one in my post above, different from most of the others I've seen where it's readable from the driver's side.

18. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

These Fenton valve covers went from my Deuce to this rail. I’m assuming that dad used the engine as well upping his drag racing game. I found a suitable set to go back on to my rebuild of my dads car. C99D3475-5668-4A43-843C-A3CB6669E6B7.jpeg 2389BE74-C1F2-46D2-9CC4-A1624510C301.jpeg BFFFB162-D5B6-4BF6-B0AC-566CD1B77C26.jpeg 209FA00B-6D2F-4BAB-8F1F-8BBC0B5E7663.jpeg 80F1D93D-CBBB-4AE4-B598-8D567D619A9F.jpeg 505BC80E-8B80-4255-966F-6EACDC085EDA.jpeg CFA2F888-6FFF-42E7-84D8-1ED46083DE63.jpeg

19. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have set of Fenton headers on my '51 club coupe. I also have a couple of Fenton Manifolds (4 BBL and dual). I would really like to have a set of Fenton heads to go with them.

A friend of mine had a '50 Ford Tudor back in 1959 with a set of Fenton heads; I was hooked. I 'd sure like to find a set of them. Who says you can't go home again?

Does anyone know if the Fenton heads have the same relocated spark plug as the Edmunds?

Since Fenton purchased Edmunds maybe they're the same. I have two pairs of 8BA Edmunds heads, and they have the spark plugs relocated just enough to clear the exhaust valve. This allows the use of extended tip plugs, which is an advantage.

20. F-head

F-head

I have this pair of 48 style heads
    These use long and short studs
    I like em cause they are different 15B66C84-A27D-45D6-A2B3-CC4D7FE8EBCB.jpeg

21. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

22. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a Fenton Nailhead to early Ford gear box adaptor.

KiWinUS likes this.