Register now to get rid of these ads!

Selling permission?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by xxxl, Jul 20, 2020.

1. xxxl

xxxl

How do I get permissions for selling in the classifieds here?

Sent from my SM-G975U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

you can't post an ad from the app. use a computer or the browser on your device

Thor1 and warhorseracing like this.
  3. It would help to have a higher post count and simply add to the site with knowledge or asking questions. Fears abound with sellers posing as scammers with low post counts.

Thor1 likes this.
  4. The guy has been a member for 9 years, he just doesn't post a lot. HRP

Thor1 likes this.

5. I know and to me that throws up a flag. If they are serious then interact a little and try to help out people or ask questions. Add something.

X38, Thor1, Peter Nowak and 1 other person like this.
  6. Got to give the kid some credit here, at least he filled out his profile with location.

Thor1 likes this.
  7. Hombre

Hombre

So now is the HAMB supposed to punish folks for reading more than posting? Or do they need to post up some bona fides to show that they actually belong here on the HAMB? There are a lot of attitudes on here that I completely understand some guy not wanting to interact with, like maybe folks complaining about post numbers before they are allowed to interact.

8. A lot of scammers might just come here even on occasion to see what is happening and who is gullible to their scams. Anyone that truely tries to contribute does not fit the scammer scenario and would be more trusted than a lurker. That is my opinion and how I choose to do my business. My money or parts = my business. I am not here to sell and make money or scam and abhor those that are and do.

Thor1 likes this.
  9. gearhead1600

gearhead1600

Trying to sell my model t and ran into people answering with no history or posts and a recent join time to boot.
    That sends up red flags for me !I have been a member for quite some time but I don’t always post , guess it works both ways ?
    Maybe everyone should be asked for a referral? Maybe that would push the gray line back to the buyers and sellers favor
    But yah know there’s that old saying “ if it to good to be true ......
    Or something like that

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Thor1 likes this.
  10. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Bottom line - you buy and sell at your own risk.
    Common sense - gut feeling - to good to be true - all those should be taken into consideration.
    Anyone with no posts ( less than - pick your own number ) - OR no posts but contact my buddy Dave - he has one BS - or the payment terms - Money orders, Money Grams, My Paypal is dormant - BLA -BLA-BLA -
    I wouldn't touch.

No history - no sale.

Like I said - bottom line -you buy and sell at your own risk.

Thor1, lothiandon1940 and Moriarity like this.
  11. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

also, If you have a wanted ad and are contacted by a brand new member and they have a friend with a gmail address that has your part... It is a scam and please report them to the mods immediately so we can ban them before they screw someone over....

12. I like the feedback option. I leave feedback for everyone I've bought parts from relating to their representation and shipping. I've only had one leave feedback for me showing that i paid them lol.

13. Vellu

Vellu
    from Finland

I use this site only for buying cars. That's why I don't post anything else here. I have even managed to buy couple cars over time. And i bet there's many like me in here.

Biggest concern with me seems to be that I'm not from US. That seems to make people think that I'm automatically scammer or something like that.

And with buyers like me things are really easy. As long as you have title and reasonably priced car, I'll do wire transfer. After transfer comes to your account, you notify me and my shipper comes and takes car away. No tire kicking, no any low ball offers etc. Heck, you don't even have to help loading the car, because shipper is paid to do that.

Of course my shipper can pay car in cash. But that costs me additional 500 dollars so that's why I'm trying to keep costs low.

And yes, I contacted about your T-model and I'm still interestred to buy it. @gearhead1600

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Nicholas Coe likes this.
  14. .............People like you infuriate me. Maybe if you actually took some interest in participating on this site, other than just taking advantage of it,people wouldn't feel that way about you. You can't even bother to pony up the lousy $50 bucks to be an alliance member. Sorry, but I have absolutely no respect for you..............Don.:mad:

alanp561 likes this.
  15. Vellu

Vellu
    from Finland

You missed my point completely.

What comes to your feelings, you have rights to feel just the way you like.
    Actually every visitor in this site makes money thru ad views etc.

Reason why I'm not participating in this site is... well your post is actually fine example of it. This site is pretty hard to write anything, because there's so many peoples just waiting to let you know, how you are doing something wrong or how they are better than you. Classified section is free from that, because you just sell there. No need to anybody come and tell his/her opinions about everything.

But this topic isn't about this so let's continue this somewhere else.

16. I must admit I read a lot more than I post... I don’t know much compared to many fellas on this site. All the male influences in my life as a younger guy taught me about home repair and funeral business. No one in my family did anything with cars other than buy em and trade em in. Still do. In fact I took a ton of shit from my family when I got my 1st hot rod. They all said “speed kills, and keeps us in cadillacs”
    My buddies and I are pretty much self reliant. You fellow Hambers have taught me more than you know, and I appreciate this site so much. I wish I could contribute more. maybe as time passes I’ll be one of the old guys that knows his shit but until then I sit back and listen and learn. I’ve been ignored when inquiring about parts in the classifieds, I assumed it was because I don’t have a high post count, but that’s the sellers decision. I’m not going to bitch and moan about it. If he wants the money he will respond. I have met some really great guys from deals I have made and down at H.A.M.B. drags.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Thor1 likes this.
  17. How is it possible to agree with both of you ? But I do.

Vellu, Thor1, Hombre and 1 other person like this.
  18. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

With replies like this waiting in the wings, it's a wonder anyone posts anything at all.

Bill's Auto Works and Hombre like this.
  19. .........Yeah, I will admit that I was a bit over-the-top with my comment. I just feel that those who use the site only to buy or sell their cars, etc. should at least become Alliance Members. It's a lot less expensive than paying for ad space in other places. I truly appreciate the free ads that Ryan so generously allows us to have. I just get aggravated with those who take advantage of his kindness. The poster readily admits that folks think he may be a scammer because he is not in the U.S. I still feel that if he "participated" on the site, they might not feel this way. I will attempt to temper my thoughts going forward.

alanp561 and Peter Nowak like this.