Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Take a look at this beauty, 1963 GMC one owner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrblack30, Aug 3, 2020.

1. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I would consider it but I'm not a 4WD type of guy. It is certainly nice, I'm watching it to see where it goes to.

Pat

2. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

I've heard about the plaid valve covers but this is the first time I've actually seen them in a truck. Pretty cool. It's unusual to see a truck used for plowing that is so clean.

catdad49 likes this.
  3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I've seen the OEMS do some strange stuff over the years but those plaid GMC valve covers still leave me scratching my head.

hotrodharry2 likes this.

4. saltracer219

saltracer219

GMC called that their Scottsman. I worked in the Classic Vehicle Salvage business for a few years and we had several of those come through the yard. That is some kind of plastic or vinyl overlay the factory put on those valve covers. It seems that it was only on the early V6 engines, kind of ironic in my opinion, those engines were real gas hogs.

5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Wow, can’t believe how clean that is. Must have not see salt, only snow, maybe on a private estate or something?

MO54Frank likes this.
  6. I went to go look at the truck. It is incredibly clean. I would actually be afraid to drive it with its current intended service as a snow plow. Those plaid valve covers are wild. that 305 CID V6 runs OK, definitely need a tune up and I am suspecting it needs new gaskets and diaphragm for the new fuels.

stillrunners likes this.
  7. MO54Frank

MO54Frank

According to this on Jolly’s site there is no rhyme or reason for the plaid covers.
    http://www.6066gmcguy.com/GMCplaid.html
    Very cool old truck for sure!! Not really HAMB related except maybe as a trailer puller.