Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest UPDATE!! HAMB Help Contact list for on the road breakdowns? Ohio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ebbsspeed, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

UPDATE He got the pickup into a dealership so no need for any help.

On his way to a new job in upstate NY, my son overheated his O/T pickup in a traffic jam on I-70 and is stuck in Hilliard, OH. I'm hoping it's just an issue of the coolant having overflowed, but the damn pickup has to be high in the front to burp all the air out of the cooling system, and he's just not equipped to make sure it's all done right. He could sure use some volunteer help, or any recommendations on trustworthy shops that can fix him up quick.

My concern is whether it got hot enough to cause a head gasket failure, because if that's the case I'm hitting the road to give him my pickup, then renting a U-haul to bring his pickup back 650+ miles and fix it here in the shop.

Wish he was driving a 63 Chevy with an SBC.....

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Let's keep this back up. Anyone in Ohio that can help out?

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

HotRodLadyCruiser (Denise) used to maintain such a list, but I don't know if she (or anyone else) has maintained it

4. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

UPDATE He got the pickup into a dealership so no need for any help.