Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Where has hotrodding has taken you

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bowlingball, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Don, I hear you, this hobby of ours has been a life long obsession with me, In life we take many different paths in pursuit of happiness, sounds cliche' but in my case it's fact.

Hot rods have been and still are a big part of my life, There is far more important things in life, Family & friends but I think as a whole hot rod & custom guys are the cream of the crop. HRP

bowlingball, 56don and wicarnut like this.
  2. as far as the money thing goes, I am surrounded now by Rich guys wishing they were hot rodders.
    happiness is worth more than money. IMG_0330.JPG

bowlingball and wicarnut like this.
  3. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I've had a love of all things automotive as long as I can remember. My parents tried to encourage me, but just didn't get it. It took a while to get to where I was doing what I wanted for myself. I had some auto classes in college, but never finished. I got married, took a job at a lumber mill for 5 years, and finally on a slow day when we got sent home early I went job hunting at the local dealerships. I started out at the bottom as an oil changer, worked my way up, got certifications, even tried running my own parts store for a couple of years only to learn that I'm not and never will be a salesman. Went back to wrenching and finally settled in the job i've been in now 10 years ago. I'll probably ride this one out until I can retire.

Cars have provided both a hobby and a career for me, the ability to support my family, and made some good friends over the years too.

Devin

4. from high as a kite to the depths of despair and all the places in between. I'd trade it all for a couple more decades to do something else.