Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hudson valley car clubs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boden, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Boden

Boden

Anyone know of any car clubs in the Hudson valley? I know there’s a few in Connecticut but you have to be a Connecticut resident to join. Or all the ones I’ve seen you need to be. But anyone know of any clubs in the Hudson valley area of New York? About 2 hours south of Albany.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

3. catdad49

catdad49

Albany Rods & Kustoms put on the Adirondack Nats. in Lake George. You should be able to find them on the net.

4. Hudson Valley street rod assoc.

Boden likes this.

5. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

I’m north of Albany and there’s not much going on due to COVID.

I look at this site every so often but most the events are to far south for me but might help ya a little.

https://www.hvcruise.com/

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been a member of the Triple Cities Street Rods, Binghamton NY for over 45 years...we're probably a little too far west for you.:(

Boden likes this.
  7. @Tony Martino is a good one to talk too.

I am not at all a fan of car clubs.

Boden and wheeldog57 like this.
  8. Boden

Boden

Yea I heard that story from both you and Steve. Oh btw me and Steve have become pretty good friends. I traded some parts for some parts with him and bought a set of mufflers from him. He’s a super good guy and very willing to help any time.

Robert J. Palmer likes this.
  9. I also am a "NO CLUB Lone Wolf" type guy, sorry

10. I like the original intent of car clubs like in the fifties and early sixties.

The club gets together and rents shop space, buys big tools (Like welders) that single members often couldn't afford and everyone works on each others car, but today most "Car Clubs" are social clubs with cars.

Steve is a cool guy, so is @Tony Martino the three of us were all in the same club, and are all in the Lone Wolf camp.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Boden likes this.
  11. catdad49

catdad49

When I attended HVCC, my buddy, Pete, was friends with a group of guys in Troy, N.Y. They had alleyway garages, '57Chevy and a built from scratch touring, modified production Falcon Sprint 'vert, '65 Malibu SS and others lost in time. Quite a treat for a young gearhead. Oh, almost forgot, how about a Corvair van with a 396 sitting smack dab in the middle?! The same guy also an ex drag race '56 Chevy pie wagon with a blown smallblock (and many spares sitting on the shelf)!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Boden and hotrodjack33 like this.
  12. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Boden there are quite a few in the Hudson Valley. Look up the HRVAAA they are the ones that put on the Rhinebeck show. It is made up of 5 area clubs, there are more that are not in the HRVAAA like the Hudson Valley Street Rods, but that would be a good start. Where are you located? The Westchester Street Rod Assoc. is located in Westchester county.

Pat

13. catdad49

catdad49

Pat, he's about 50 miles north of Albany.

14. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Catdad his post says "2 hrs. south of Albany"

15. catdad49

catdad49

Oops, have him mixed up with someone else.

1934coupe likes this.
  16. Boden

Boden

I was looking into Hudson valley street rod association and seems that their website was shut down. Makes me wonder if the club broke up?

17. 1934coupe

1934coupe

They may have, I haven't heard anything about or from them in a long time. I was a member 25 years ago. Again where do you live, there is several model A clubs, the Woodstock car club, Red Hook car club. I see you are 14 I'm glad to see some one your age interested in the hobby, do you have a car?

Pat

Boden likes this.
  18. The Antique Car Club of America let in Hotrod's & Custom's
    in my area
    but I have Not Joined, my freinds keep bucking me to Join
    some day mabey
    One day I asked him why he keep's Bugging me about it
    he told me I am the Only around here with a 50 Merc.

so mabey if I wait long enough somebody with a Merc. mite Join.

Just my 3.5 cents

Live Learn & Die a Fool

19. Boden

Boden

Yep. I will b 15 real soon. And I got a 53 customline. I built up the flathead and made it a stick. And just finished nosing and decking it. , it’s lowered and almost finished being frenched. Next will be a chop

oldsjoe, rusty valley and 1934coupe like this.
  20. gsjohnny

gsjohnny

the early 70's i belonged to the rpm's club(older than ty-rod's of vernon) of enfield, ct. we did race against other clubs. my first race was at island dragway. think that club was hudson valley timing(?). wonder if they are still around.
    maybe we need to get all the clubs at a race track again for a show.