Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Catch words, phrases coined

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joeycarpunk, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

My apologies if this was posted before. I was laughing so hard I couldn't read any after the 3rd page.

"My opinion is, go back to school and learn something you can do from a bar stool or a hammock. You have NO aptitude for using tools."

"Anything with "Z" substituted for "S"
    I am guilty of this in my email address because "S" was already in use. It works ok.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^ and “period correct”... the only correct period is every 28 days or so when you have a teenage daughter...

chryslerfan55 and 51504bat like this.
  3. oilnrust

oilnrust

the first time I heard someone use the word soder, I thought "oh no, what the hell is this arse bandit going to with wires and a soldering iron". The last thing I thought was soldering wires, there's an L in there for good reason, pronounce it!

4. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    After eating one of my mom’s famous lunches or dinners, she would find me laying down on the couch for a nap or two. Then she would proceed to stand over me and say… “IF YOU LAY DOWN AFTER A MEAL, YOU WILL TURN INTO A COW.” At the time, I laughed and rolled over to complete my nap. It was her way of expressing an old wife’s tale of “Eat too much and you will get fat.” Or even, “sleep after a meal and it will be like a fat pig in a pen.” She was full of those sayings.

With our teenage metabolism being as fast as it was, that was not a problem and we continued taking our naps with pleasure. With my mom’s fabulous cooking, it is a wonder my brother and I did not end up with Weight Watchers as models… ! Yikes !

My wife used to chuckle when my mom would say those things. So, she kept it up after our own meals together and we both laughed. Old ladies and their way of expressing how they see things…that was my mom. Although, she was guilty of supplying the brothers with tons of great snacks, lunches, dinners. Those surprise servings of what we called “Midnight Hot Rod Sandwiches…” when we were working in our backyard garage until the wee hours of the morning, sure hit the spot. That is called parental support. Yes!

Jnaki

All quotes that were given were overlooked when she got up early to make us sandwiches to take with us to the surf road trips. I carried a large grocery bag full of a giant lunch/snack and buried it in the sand at Trestles in Camp Pendleton. (including aluminum tin foil wrapped food with ice cubes) that may have included newly fried baloney sandwiches, left over marinated steak and chicken, and any vegetables/fruits she could stuff in that large bag.

That huge lunch was why our joking friends would call me “Baby Huey.” Surf the biggest waves, eat the biggest lunch, and then trade for any interesting sandwiches from my friends. If there was a beach raid, I would paddle the fastest, in the water, up the beach, to get away from the Marines on beach patrol. No Oceanside Provost Marshal’s office for this teen.

upload_2020-4-30_3-50-43.png

Attached Files:

5. Cat got an ass" in reply to almost any statement, growing up in far upstate ny............more recently I am intrigued by what used to be a description for unique or notable vehicle construction, That would be the use of the builder( or owners name before a vehicle description....Example.... insert name here" coupe or sedan or roadster or whatever... used to kinda grab my attention( as it should).....seems to be a lot more now probably a good thing everybody don't do it though, I'm confused enough about what i should look at....on a daily basis

6. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

My newest pet peeve ( old one used to be "Like" ) is "So". I think it's more of a west coast thing. Any new sentence in a conversation starts with"so". My cousin and his family from Washington state uses "so" at the start of most sentences. That isn't so bad but I see threads on this site and others starting with "so". This actually requires a effort to add the useless word. "So, I went to start my flathead yesterday and...." Oh yes- "Like".... "I'm like, Are you sure you're going to the store? And she's like -yeah I'm going to the store- " on and on. I guess I'm just out of it. How about" hang up the phone"? Or will people know what "step on the gas" means when cars are electric???

7. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Ending multiple comments with......"You know"

8. cshades

cshades
    from wi

the one I hate is after a sentence someone says "and whatnot"

9. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

It’s a cross of “ rocket science “ and “ brain surgery “ ! It’s a spoof on mixing them up.

Bones

10. Magfiend

Magfiend

That's like "paak lawn"...

warbird1 likes this.
  11. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know this feeling all too well.

12. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My dad had 2 that were his go-to's:

Slicker than snot in a glass door knob
    -----and------
    if someone was stupid "...couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the directions were on the heel."

Who pisses in shoes and sneezes on glass door knobs? Maybe my ancestors? ;)

olscrounger likes this.
  13. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

if someone was stupid "...couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the directions were on the heel."

Used this one a lot when referring to my platoon leader in the Army. Also used "I wouldn't follow him out of a burning building" but that's a whole different story.

verno30 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

"and now with that being said.......

15. Gman0046

Gman0046

Rust In The Usual Places covers a lot of territory.

Best description of a car that looks good cosmetically but is a mess mechanically - Shit Filled Twinkie.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020