Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Technical question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46poncho, Jul 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 46poncho

46poncho
    from Indiana

I had a post that seems to have been removed, not sure why. Was asking about upgrading the suspension on my 48 panel truck. Is there a reason it was removed?

Sent from my SM-S367VL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

If it was a later clip, Mustang 2 or a later Vic suspension , then yes it was removed . No no's here .

3. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I didn't see your thread, but we're you asking about modifications/technology that exceeds the mid 60's in use? This forum is for traditional hot rods, threads about more modern technology is not approved and will usually be removed.

4. 46poncho

46poncho
    from Indiana

I do understand that, I was asking about a more modern type frame and suspension to put under my 1 ton panel. I did not suggest a year. I wanted to know what guys had done. But not to bitch to loud, but scroll thru for a while, I found 2 posts talking about a 700r4 trans and needing help, circa 1983, and a post about a trans from 1980. I would also be fairly confident that most of the 350 chevy engine crammed in Hotrod and posted on here are also not mid 60s or before. I have never said anything here before to piss anybody off. I asked a simple question
    Again I never mentioned any year!!!

Hnstray likes this.

5. 46poncho

46poncho
    from Indiana

Besides 1949 to mid 60s is modern technology compared to 1948

6. You don't have to say a year modern chassis swaps are a no go here.

Blues4U likes this.
  7. Sorry for the trouble 46poncho, but you are experiencing the "new hamb" values. 'Modern upgrades' are not permitted. "Traditional" here means doing and building your car/truck only as they tell you how to build it.

Hnstray likes this.
  8. belair

belair

If you haven't had a post or thread deleted, you're not trying hard enough. It happens to us all sooner or later. Moderators sometimes don't seem consistent, but don't take it personally. Just ask in a different way.

9. 46poncho

46poncho
    from Indiana

Nope I believe this is my first!!! So if I put a 1962 chasis under my 48 is that too modern? I mean it is no longer I beam axle, would be a arms?

10. 46poncho

46poncho
    from Indiana

And I still wonder why I was targeted? I saw 2 posts scrolling thru within 5 minutes talking about modern transmission. Are their posts deleted too?

11. 46poncho

46poncho
    from Indiana

12. 5window

5window

Well, the "rules" are just not evenly applied. That's the way it is. Post in a more general way-"what have y'all done to upgrade a '48 panel truck suspension?" Then, ask that if his/her upgrades are "not HAMB-worthy" that the responder PM you.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Blues4U likes this.
  13. You could read the rules and try to figure it out. But Frame swaps Are way off topic unless it’s a ‘32 ford frame. I think You could fly a frame swap thread here for 64 impala if the frame to be used was a 32 ford frame. :D And front clips are off topic as well.

You can make your own frame and that would probably be ok.

Engines that as a short block follow on the Footsteps of the ‘55 small block get a pass. Even vortec heads go, but be careful because 1/2 the guys think any center bolt head is a vortec head. Transmissions that have less than 5 wires get a pass because nobody can see them.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    Just Gary likes this.
  14. 5window

5window

But, there are a ton of post '65 seats, instruments, AC!, sound systems (AM only?) and other "allowable" topics. Safely though, these threads usually get to be dramatic and Ryan shuts them down. :)

15. 46poncho

46poncho
    from Indiana

In the future I will be more careful. I have read the rules and try to comply. If the moderators have the time to go thru every post to determine if it meets their guide lines, would be nice if they took the time to say hey we pulled your post because of???

16. 46poncho

46poncho
    from Indiana

Their were a couple responses on there as well that guys had gave of places where I could get new brakes, or spindles, or dropped I beam axles ect... that I was looking at to see what was out there. Those were pulled to. Now I dont have that knowledge nor does anybody else!!!

17. More that likely someone reported your post. The mods around here are great. They’re overworked and under appreciated. But really, frame swaps and clips are not gonna go.
    I had a great thread, made or modified every single part of the suspension, even controlarms from scratch. It don’t matter

18. 46poncho

46poncho
    from Indiana

I have been a member of this forum since 2009. I have met some great people! I have bought some great period correct stuff. I have learned a great deal! But I also realize it is hard to please everyone. I had a guy tell me one time that red wheels only belong on 1930s cars, anything else was not period correct. Everybody has an opinion and not all of them are the best!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.