Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Louisville, going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kyhotrod, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyhotrod

kyhotrod
    from Kentucky

Got my NSRA Nats registration 2 weeks ago, #5067.
    Anyone else going?

If they don't enforce masks and distancing at
    1) Cardinal Stadium (ticket/packet pickup),
    2) Freedom Hall Sat afternoon drawing, line to deposit the tickets
    I will leave and then request/demand my money back.

Once the tickets are deposited, there should be plenty of room in Freedom Hall
    for distancing.

Rusty Knutts and chopped like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

not looking like too many are willing to gamble

4. ems customer service

ems customer service

5. We will be there as well.

loudbang likes this.
  6. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm registered, but will miss the show this year along with many of my club members. Had a great time last year, and look forward to 2021.

7. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

N.S.R.A. was very foolish not to cancel the Nationals this year. Just yesterday, Kentucky Governor Beshear announced the second highest total daily rate of Covid 19. He also announced that effective immediately, all restaurants reduce their capacity from 50% to 25%. I'm not an alarmist, but we all need to stop thinking about ourselves and listen to our health care experts. This virus isn't going away if we continue to do things like this.

8. Gman0046

Gman0046

The biggest problem is the number of COVID - 19 cases in Kentucky in the last week has been hitting all time one day highs. The Governor has just mandated all restaurant seating to be at 25% of capacity and all Kentuckians to wear masks when in public and social gatherings to be 10 people or less.

Saw a on a Louisville TV station saying they are optimistic the event will take place. An NSRA Official said the event will be much smaller and that it would be safe.

Due to the protesting and rioting, I would not consider staying in downtown Louisville and to stay as far away from there as possible.

I'm registered and not sure about attending as I'm in the COVID - 19 High Risk Catagory. There's always next year.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  9. sfowler

sfowler

we never miss louisville , its with out a doubt the best show in the country. with all the issues this year were not attending . SO SAD but we,ll be there in force next year , TO ALL THAT DO GO HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE CARS ============== NSRA is the best

10. Louisville is in Jefferson County which has the highest positive test in Kentucky at 6320 and have had 236 deaths, add to that the rioting that has ramped up in the downtown area NSRA is pushing their luck and the safety of their members.

Attendees will have to wear mask and social distance, I can't imaging walking around in the stiffing heat wearing one.

I would suggest everyone planing on attending the show to avoid the downtown area and remain vigilant, to me the risk is not worth it. HRP

11. I will have the nitro street coupe on display inside at the flitz display. Stop by and get some samples.

loudbang and Gman0046 like this.
  12. I'm registered and most likely going. I have RV reservations at the fairgrounds, so I don't really need to leave the fairgrounds and can escape the show in middle of the day if I want. Be there with my 52 GMC pickup. With so many other car events cancelled, it will be nice to see some cars. But it is a risk and still evaluating if I will be going or not.

loudbang and Gman0046 like this.
  13. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

With C-19, AND the violence, I'm not sure we will go, it will be the second time I've missed since '90.

14. kb cookout

kb cookout

I have swap meet spaces but not setting up this year

Expensive parking spaces if I dare go

Gman0046 likes this.
  15. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

My suggestion is that if you are 60 or over, don't go. Statistics show that anyone over 60 who contracts the virus has very little chance of survival. People age 50 or under will suffer anything between mild discomfort to a full on induced coma with a respirator providing breathing.....but the vast majority survive. Round numbers I heard were that over 60 people who contract the virus die at about a 90% rate. Heard that on TV about a month ago. Of course that figure is skewed somewhat by the fact that NY forced nursing homes to accept covid patients, placing them in direct contact with over 60 aged people who were already frail. Given the large "hot spot" that NY was, this dynamic did have the effect of substantially driving up statistics for elderly people. At any rate, the people most at risk are going to be the ones 60 and over.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-cov...ge-65-or-older-but-the-share-varies-by-state/

hemihotrod66 and Gman0046 like this.
  16. 6sally6

6sally6

just be careful which "experts" you choose to listen to.
    6sally6

17. At 73, and having remained healthy so far, I'm not taking the risk
    On top of that, one demonstration at the main gate would be FUBAB!

18. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

There's always next year,,, or maybe NOT.....

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This is a hard one for me. I want to give an opinion or delete this thing... But I don't think it's right for me to do either.

Please don't post politics or mis-information here.

20. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Ryan, sometimes you gotta sacrifice for the greater good. The advice is not automotive specific, but it is in relation to an automotive event that has the possibility of being devastating to the Hamb population.......because most of us fall into the "worst case scenario". (old and older with some health problems) I don't think the Hamb will be permanently harmed by making sure its members make an educated decision. As for giving your personal opinion about going/not going.....I think you should..... just like the rest of us do. I think people are going to base their decision on facts (unreliable as some seem to be) rather than opinions anyway.

21. Speak for yourself. A great many of us are in our30s, 40s and early 50s AND very healthy. You water your horse I'll water mine.

22. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

IMO, totally inappropriate response. How are you and your posse ( a minority, I believe it has been shown) affected by the the post you have discredited? IMO, he addressed Ryan, not you, and I agree 100% with his comments! Each of use can, should and will water his own horse. We are, however doing so from a common stream.

Ray

23. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Very well stated and on point! Thank you for a timely and salient comment.

Ray

24. tim troutman

tim troutman

I plan on being there .been to work everyday down in the west end of Louisville working on public transportation. with people going on vacation to Florida & California. I would rather take my chances having fun looking at old cars with friends. than being at work .

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Everyone should have the right to their own take. Mine is mine. I just don’t want the H.A.M.B. hosting the fall out.

I’ve already seen too much misinformation. I don’t want to be responsible for hosting that kind of thing.

26. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Good for you! If you come I hope you have a good time and enjoy yourself. I hope lots of younger people enjoy the show.
    One thing I used to ask my son when we disagreed on something important was "Do you know more now than you did when you were X years old"? The answer was always "Yes". Then I said "Do you think you will know more when you are my age than you do now"? Again the answer was always "Yes". We laugh about it now that he is 40 and has a son who will start driving next month. He realizes that even though he is perfectly capable of making his own decisions and doing pretty well in life, you can still learn something from the older guys. Thats why the Hamb exists, so that information and experience can pass to subsequent generations. In this case there is a definite distinction about what is good for different people. Trust me that when you get to be 70+ years old, your views will change some. Anyway, no hard feelings from my viewpoint and I sincerely hope you and anyone who attends the show has a great time!
    You might check the hotel/motels in Brooks Ky for cancellations and better rates. Brooks is about 10 miles south of Louisville straight down I-65. You get up in the morning and you are right next to the X-way. Get on the ramp and go north 8-10 miles and there is an exit that takes you right to the main entrance to the fairgrounds. About a 7 minute drive to the exit.......then sit in line.

chopped and Hnstray like this.
  27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Let’s be honest though... cuz I’m a few in at this point... You wouldn’t catch me dead at an NSRA show. :)

28. Let's be honest, my age group and younger gave up on the NSRA 20 to 30 years ago. That's why the great independent shows sprung up.
    Sent from my SM-J337V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71, jim snow and 57 Fargo like this.
  29. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

@Tman ......we were you years ago....you’ll be us in due time.....if you’re lucky.

Ray

30. Rodders

Rodders

I'm going will get there on Wednesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.