Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1951 Ford Coupe Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by maccustom, Mar 12, 2020.

1. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The car has been done and on the road for a couple months. Figure I should at least end this thread with some finished photos. Ended up changing the steel wheels with spider caps to the Rocket Igniters that I custom painted to resemble vintage Indy Car wheels. Color is amazing - sometimes looks black, sometimes dark chocolate, and the metallic pops in the sun. From the drivers seat the hood looks black just like the dash. Nice to have a "finished" car to drive with very little to sort out. On to the next 2 projects. DSC_3645-001.JPG IMG_2409.jpeg IMG_2311.jpeg IMG_2313.jpeg

2. What a great car, great build... I'm proud to say I helped, along with a bunch of kool car guys.

3. Good choice on the wheels, nice car.

Stogy, maccustom and tierod like this.
  4. wulf powis

wulf powis

Absolutely a standout ! I envy your perfection.

Stogy, maccustom and tierod like this.
  5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

6. HerMink

HerMink

Hey man, I just saw your ad over on the classifieds and realized I work right down the street from your shop (I'm right across the street from Workingman's Friend). I've driven by a few times and wondered what you guys did over there. I'll have to stop by sometime!

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Man, what a neat car. Very well done. I wish I were in a position to buy it right now, because I sure would love to have it in my garage... And out on the road, of course :)

guthriesmith, Stogy and tierod like this.
  8. Malcolm, I assure you, you would not be disappointed... The pictures do not show the amount of work that it took to make it that nice,, or the quality... A real kool car... :)

Stogy, maccustom and Malcolm like this.
  9. I used to live off Westcreek in Fort Worth until June of 20. I have a pretty good idea where that bridge you’re building is gonna be. (Unless it’s already installed, haven’t been over there in a while) Pretty cool. Small world! The 51 is pretty rad too!

Stogy likes this.
  10. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey you are welcome any time. We are off on Wednesday again this week - hopefully up and running again second week of Jan

11. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We installed the bridge in June 2021 Peter Molick 06.jpg Peter Molick 07.jpg Peter Molick 04.jpg Peter Molick 03.jpg

12. I know exactly where that is! I’m gonna go check it out. About a 1/4 mile from my old house.

Stogy and Malcolm like this.
  13. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Outstanding ! :D

RustyDogg and Stogy like this.
  14. indyjps

indyjps

Great build, really a beautiful car.

Bold color choice, not much chocolate brown used anymore, nice deep color and the metallic pops the bodylines.
    I used to detail an extremely low mileage 79 vette for shows, it was a deep bronze brown and I grew to love the color.

Stogy and tierod like this.
  15. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just detailed the car and painted the air cleaner. IMG_3041.JPG IMG_3042.JPG IMG_3047.JPG

i.rant, sidewayzz69, Ford52PU and 4 others like this.
  16. WOW, Great shots.... Beautiful car....

Stogy likes this.
  17. WhitewallWill

WhitewallWill
    from N. Van, BC

Gorgeous car, absolutely incredible bridge.

Stogy likes this.
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Outstanding vision, outcome and execution @maccustom...thanks for sharing the journey and congrats to @Malcolm on his acquisition of this stunner...

Malcolm likes this.
  19. So cool that this thread just popped back up considering I will be in Indy in about a week for a trade show. If I can get away some one day, I might have to check out your place. :cool: Thanks @Stogy !!!

The 51 and the bridge both turned out amazing!

Malcolm and Stogy like this.
  20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't know what I like better... the bridge or the shoebox... Good god man, you are talented.

tierod likes this.
  21. cycledelicjohn

cycledelicjohn

Is the shoebox for sale ?? john

tierod likes this.
  22. CYCLEDELICJOHN: He did sell it... Sorry, you missed a beautiful car...