Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Shocking

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dinger's Fiddy, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Dinger's Fiddy

Dinger's Fiddy

Good morning HAMBers! Question for the 49-51 shoebox folks out there. What shocks are you running front and rear with 3" drop blocks and 1.5 coils cut from stock. I am replacing the stock front coils with cut Aerostar springs soon. Just need some socks for now. Thanks in advance!

It's only original once!

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

IIRC I used a V8 Monza shock for the front on mine. Don't have the part # right off hand. BTW...cut Areostar coils ride really bad. I cut a coil on mine and have just about had it with the ride. It takes the joy out of driving when it rides that bad. Just my 2 cents....

Dinger's Fiddy likes this.
  3. Dinger's Fiddy

Dinger's Fiddy

I wonder if it would be better to sell the rivets then and aim down the lower mount? I dropped my front 3" with cutting the stock spring. Stock Aerostar springs are allegedly 2.5" would a 1/2" drop cup make up for the difference or is it not as linear as I would imagine?
    I will check on the V8 monza shocks, thank you!
    It's only original once!

4. Slopok

Slopok

The rear shocks remain the same as original, Aerostar springs do not need to be cut and would be way too short with bottom of A arm lowered.

Dinger's Fiddy likes this.