Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>>>Friday Art Show 07-24-2020<<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry Story?...Celebrate Rusty...the Number, Paint and Striping hits all the right Period Notes and you have a great Hand in Art (I've seen your Drawing) and a Wild Ride shaping up there... A Big Thumbs Up...;)

While I'm honored if an Inspiration influences a look to a Hambers Ride, it is generally just sharing a moment of Stogy's Artistic Sense moved by someone else's Vision into a plausible period look to generate a Smile...A Dream on The Dream in a Sense...

I think you did mention Period Flame at one point in the build and that was a trigger...and The Comet Version of Id L' Do Did Wow me and @rusty rocket wasn't there a Comet Connection to your Dad or something?...

Can't wait to see it ready to rock and roll (Shiny like 1946)...I sure hope you get a blast around a suitable oval some day...I sure after a few laps you would be coming around the corners sideways...;)

@Blake 27 ...you have a great eye for Hotrod too Nice Hotrod...;)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    hotrodjack33 likes this.
  2. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

sorry story was meant to say sorry stogy. Damn autocorrect!!
    You are correct on my vision of old school flames but to pull that paint scheme off I would have to run hood sides. I have driven the car quite a bit this summer and when the outside temperature is 90+ the coolant temp raises Somewhat quickly (highest I’ve had was 205). If I ran hood sides it’s just going to get the motor hotter. So this is the way it’s going to stay. 76E116B3-FC67-4A89-83A6-B468E0958368.jpeg

3. Animal,
    A few more photos for your viewing pleasure

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sky Six, oldsjoe, sololobo and 13 others like this.
  4. One more I found in my Flickr account...

[​IMG]

5. I'm late to the party. Thank you to all who posted! :)

Spoggie, 56 Dodge Pickup and Stogy like this.
  6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A few weeks ago we had "Pierson Bros Coupe Week"...looks like this is '55-'56 Ford week :D.

Another great F.A.S. show guys, and thanks for all the likes:D.

How about next week, we think about doing a "HOW I GOT TO THE F.A.S. "...a little bit of your personal art history...how you became an artist, your progression and where it's taken you. Think about it:D

Stogy likes this.
  7. I didn't designate a "like" on all of this art, but I do LOVE it all. I can never get enough of others' artwork. Thanks for all of the posts.

56 Dodge Pickup and Stogy like this.
  8. [​IMG]
    51 Merc Carson Top 4 Dr - ART

oldsjoe, sololobo, themoose and 6 others like this.
  9. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW! That’s the most unique “flaming” I've EVER seen!

Thank you gentle men..I feel MUCH better.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Stogy likes this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Shutter...I do the Timewarp and revisit the Periods in Inspiration which I believe could have began postwar and I Pinstriped those adding some pizazz.., mixing graphics And I also added a Proud Bird of Prey to the Salt Licks on the Hood...The Comet is Circa when the Moon was Cheese and Rocketeer was High N' Mighty...here's another with a similar Style of Lick but at Work gettin' Dirty...

IMG_9425.JPG

Credit to All That Inspired This

Lil32, lucky ink, Jigger and 8 others like this.
  11. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^Wish I had your licks!^^

Stogy likes this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank You Shutter. I am humbled...I am but one of the Nuts and Bolts that make this place the Gem that it is...I hugely admire what You and the Others share in Spirit and otherwise...together it truly is an amazing phenomenon...and virtual on top of that...to varying degrees of course...

I was into Vintage Hotrod before the Hamb but being here has honed my knowledge and appreciation of and also rewarding me with some of my best creations to date...

IMG_1875AAnu.jpg

:rolleyes:...but one of my Historic References for the inspiration of what I vectored into my Computer Imagery...They both are Postwar Candidates for this style...The 'Id L Do' and The 'Hubba Hubba'...:D

As an Artist complimenting or building upon Past Artistic Greatness is truly part of the essence of what the Hamb is and really defined The Following that is Us but still leaving room for what may have been...Us...;)

Credit to Photographer, Owner

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    41 GMC K-18, D type and Shutter Speed like this.