Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Question, 33-34 large truck steering box/pitman arm?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eddiesixem, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

I picked up this steeringbox of the net. It appears to be a 33-34 box, it is a little larger than a 32 box and the flange looks correct for the 33-34 style. The box is in really good shape and I want to use it on my hotrod. My question is, i found out my 35 gemmer cross steer pitman arm as well as an f1 pitman arm fit a junk 32 box i have. But the sector shaft on this 33-34 box, is larger in diameter. I need to track down a pitman arm to fit this box. Were there different versions of the 33-34 boxes? Perhaps the one i have is off of a larger truck? Any help is appreciated, and if you have a pitman arm that might fit please message me, thanks![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Southside Obsolete in MN.507-332-6789 .Fred has lots of NOS Ford stuff and a great guy to deal with.On the sector housing there should be a part number engraved on it. If it begins with "40" its 33-34.

3. xix32

xix32

Those big truck sector shafts are bigger and won't fit through the hole in a passenger car frame. And the bolt pattern is also"clocked" differently than the passenger car.

flatford39 likes this.
  4. rusty valley

rusty valley

if you have a 32 box, why not rebuild it? you can put a 34 15 to 1 worm an sector in and she'll drive nice

Eddiesixem likes this.

5. I have a 1936 Ford big truck and this is the steering box out of it, looks pretty similar to yours IMG_3888.JPG IMG_3889.JPG

Eddiesixem likes this.
  6. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

I would if i could, the one i have is completely frozen, and when trying to take it apart i busted part of the casting. The 32 would work best for me. So if someone has one laying around? I am building quite the selection of steering boxes haha

7. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

Looks very similar, could you give me a measurement of your sector shaft?

8. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

More pics showing the castings.
    IMG_1137.JPG IMG_1140.JPG IMG_1139.JPG IMG_1138.JPG