Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New Magazine introduced July 11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordors, Jun 28, 2020.

1. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Bought The First Issue And Subscribed Not Only To Be Supportive Of My Friends But Because I Like It...Keep Your Minds Open Please... 67.jpg

2. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

I subscribed to the digital version as I am really out of room for print magazines. The premier issue was well done and the linked/embedded video feature brought a whole new aspect to magazine-style coverage. If nothing else, I think it is important to support those who want to maintain a viable information and entertainment source for hot rodding.

3. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I don’t want to try any more magazines if they aren’t on the stands. I took speed and kulture and am very disappointed with that one so won’t try another.

4. I got a print subscription over a month ago.....nothing yet received. Has anyone got their print version yet?

5. Fordors

Fordors

I subscribed the other day and was informed that my first issue will be Sept.-Oct. That was a bit of a surprise, I expected to receive the Premier Issue which was July-Aug.
    Must not be any left after they distributed the free copies for their advertisers to hand out.

6. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

I ordered the Premier issue from Aerobooks Autobooks in Burbank. Haven't got it yet I,m in the UK.

7. Fordors

Fordors

I guess there is some irony in my complaining about ordering the Premier Issue from Autobooks as you did, I trust your postage fee is a bit more than my $6.95, and then there is the $8.99 for the magazine. I feel Brian Brennan should have held those issues back for those that purchased a sub but that's water over the dam now. Those first issues were handed out to attract potential subscribers but I wonder how much business that generated. Most today balk at paying $60 for a two year sub at $2.50 per issue, but they will take one of those complimentary copies.
    Sounds like Autobooks made out the best of all.

8. ...I got the premier issue as well as the Classic Truck Performance mag,...I like em...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  9. the flatlander

the flatlander

Hey Primer, the only way that R&C will come back is if you & I did it, (never). In the 70's I did articles for R&C, the good ol days. I did a few garage scenes for it that were really popular. I have pushed that idea as well as others to SR & R&C before some low life's jerked it. I could never get them to move on it. Finally figured out they were to tight to come past Denver to shoot them. P/S : So. Cal Pete once told me that the east (hot rodders) coast stopped in Denver ?? Shows what he knew. RIP. Anyway I'm not a big fan of Brennen's anyway but will see if they are smart enough to do garage scenes. That's what we all want to see..right ? Sure am tired of Hot Rod, & Motor Trend …….

10. the flatlander

the flatlander

here again : If you gear heads want to read a really great hotrod etc magazine, get Custom Car from the UK. no bs just real talk & substance. It ain't cheap here (best by sub.), but worth a look. I'd be glad to send a good used copy to anyone if interested. Email me an address, send me 2 bucks postage anywhere in us. Refunded if not shit faced happy.... Alan 336 302 6091

11. the flatlander

the flatlander

12. clem

clem

you can also pm ( private message ) him by clicking on the envelope image - middle top right - on home page.
    That way he is more likely to see your request .

A5CC23F9-2F04-439B-A11C-A84D381294D3.png

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Just wondering... why did I get a free copy of Modern Rodding in the mail today? Did they "buy" a subscription list from one of the other magazines I receive in order to get a sample hard copy to me? Has another one of my magazines unexpectedly gone under (at this point without me knowing about it) and instantly become Modern Rodding overnight? I didn't mind the read, but it looks like a the Goodguys Gazette to me (yes, I'm also a Goodguys and NSRA member) besides some more traditional style pubs.

14. ...all 3 of those mags,...Modern Rodding, Classic Truck Performance & All Chevy Performance,...have all gone monthly...

15. ironrodder

ironrodder

Wish them luck but I've just had too many fold on me. Like HOTRODPRIMER says bring back Rod and Custom and I'll consider it.

1959Nomad, waxhead and gnichols like this.
  16. brading

brading

I know I am a bit late for the party but going back to what " the flatlander " mentioned you can get Custom Car in a lot cheaper digital version. Just google Custom Car subscriptions.

17. We can all agree we need new print magazines for us gear heads.
    Something can read in the bathroom, read in a comfy chair or fold inside a school book.
    Currently I’m magazine starved and hate the new digital versions.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

18. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Me too!!!!!

19. SPEC

SPEC

Rod & Custom was the best Magazine.

waxhead and 1959Nomad like this.
  20. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Print is ancient history unfortunately as obsolete as our cars and writing a letter to Granny to thank her for the birthday gift she sent you.......Email swallowed letters, texting ate up Email and phone calls and maybe pcs are next in the future.......but they will never get my cars or tools until the estate sale.

chryslerfan55 and 1959Nomad like this.
  21. John Tumolo

John Tumolo

Still say Hot Rod Deluxe was the best thing out there. Have a sub to Modern Rodding but a few pro builds and some useless tech doesn't cut it. Hop Up is about as close to Hamb friendly as you can get. My 2 cents........

22. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

I got a copy in the mail today, (didn’t order it ) for free. I took a quick look at it, not all hamb friendly but looks to be a good magazine. In this day of print magazines it needs a wide appeal to get support.

23. Fordors

Fordors

Interestingly people are receiving free issues but I had a problem with the Nov/Dec issue and now my January issue. Customer service has been great, but I wonder if there is a disconnect somehow with the mailing house and USPS. Mailed from the In The Garage Media offices they arrive here but the ones from the mailing house do not.

24. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I'm with HRP, bring back Rod&Custom and I will sign on............

25. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Excellent Magazine And They Have My Support...

26. phat rat

phat rat

For as long as you've been here I hope that wasn't a new revelation