Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features "Snoopy" Model A Hot Rod Survivor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Denns1989, Sep 8, 2014.

1. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Great idea to bring up that picture and your memory! It is fantastic just the same. Enjoy, Gary:):cool::D

2. My nephew helped me take Snoopy off his jack stands yesterday, the laneway is still a bit muddy to drive it out, but that didn't stop me from installing the battery, saved some crank time by filling up the fuel bowl via the vent & then letting him bark a little - not bad for sitting since end of October !

WC145, dana barlow, Stogy and 11 others like this.
  3. v8flat44

v8flat44

Here Snewpee, here boy, come on, you can come and stay in my garage. Good boy !

Stogy, Finn Jensen and Denns1989 like this.
  4. YJ4000

YJ4000

Sounds great! Very exciting, I did the same thing about a week ago. The roads around here were getting pretty clean as far as salt or what ever it is they put on the roads. Than Friday early morning they came around and spread some more. Hopefully for the last time.

Ryan.

Stogy and Denns1989 like this.
  5. Ah, such sweet music!!!:)

6. I never educated myself on how much oil Snoopy should have, just filled to "full", I also noticed that first 1/2 to 1 litre would disappear pretty quick & then stay at "full operating" for the rest of the season... I went down the rabbit hole of flathead oil capacities, filter or no filter, early or late, late style truck pan, different tube lengths.. blah blah blah, ohh ya then there is the Imperial Quart, US Quart debate & then I have to convert those possibilities to Liters because that's what we get here in Canada... Long story short my 8BA with the normal truck pan (removable clean out) & the filter was deleted long ago, 4.5 Liters (4.8 US Quarts) brings it right on "full operating", seems to make sense as the remainder to "full" would be for a refill to include the filter capacity right after a oil change before start up. Hence why many claim 5 US quarts (with filter) all seems to make some sense now... 20200523_161644.jpg

7. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

Hi Snoopy,
    Long time no see...
    Bob
    [​IMG]

8. Just a fun clip I took yesterday before draining the oil & greasing etc.

9. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

10. Recalling this post from 2014, I'm staying true to my claim that my daughter will be going for lots of cruises in the future - like yesterday, perfect time for a milkshake cruise ! 20200525_145419.jpg 20200525_145527.jpg

WC145, Jet96, Surfcityrocker and 27 others like this.
  11. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Nice! Have to beg my teenagers to go for a cruise in the coupe! Punk kids

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

WC145, Stogy, impala4speed and 3 others like this.
  12. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Super Cool, that is a proper treat for her! ( the ride in the coupe that is ) LOL Gary:p

13. Wonderful.......wonderful

Stogy, greaser and Denns1989 like this.
  14. Chevbucket

Chevbucket

Carl,sure hope the daughter doesn't see your Some days are rust video. She will be learning some new words!!! ;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. greaser and Denns1989 like this.
  16. The "furry" daughter doesn't like to be left out either, she's a hot rodder as well :) 20200615_201056.jpg

WC145, Ford52PU, dana barlow and 12 others like this.
  17. Finally !! Yeesh I was wondering how many more pictures it would take ! Ha ha ha ha lol

18. Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and Denns1989 like this.
  19. 6 years ago today was the 1st time I got to actually see Snoopy - man where does the time go ??
    20140723_181941.jpg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  20. You were probably just having too much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy, Woogeroo and Denns1989 like this.
  21. Talked to you a few years ago at St Ignace Car Show Good to see your posts!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  22. Of Course, I remember meeting you as well, always nice to make a connection !

Stogy and 2bubbas like this.
  23. Last fall & certainly this spring I noticed a slight "click" almost like a belt to pully alignment sound... upon further investigation I noted the crank pully was "loose", I got a socket on it, seemed tight, checked pully, wasn't loose this time... weird, this weekend I tried to back the nut off & retighten, not a fun job working around the rad, rad hoses etc., anyways those activities made things much, much worse...

So off came the rad shell, rad last night to discover this...

And finally this...

I'm going to call up the original builder & give him crap ! lol Obviously the wrong pully nut was used on that pully, how it held at all since the early 60's is beyond me... now to source a good 8BA truck pully, nut & I assume washer ?
    My Pully is toast !
    20200727_212922.jpg

24. I have a 52 Merc motor, but of course it has narrow belts, I have a couple of people to check with for a truck pulley first, if not I guess the merc pulley is going on & I'll run narrow belts, I don't think the wide pulley's on the water pump, fan & genny will care much ? Is the belt alignment the same on both pulleys car or truck ?

25. I'll ask my buddy, and see if he has one. He has an 8BA going in to his 29 Essex coupe.

26. Thanks ! Much Appreciated

Bowtie Coupe, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  27. dwollam

dwollam

Definitely get the correct pulley. Yes it really matters. The narrow belts will not work in the wide pulleys.

Dave

Bowtie Coupe and Stogy like this.
  28. If you haven't found one yet, Lyle dropped a hub/pulley off at my place tonight. Needs some cleanup.