Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 2020 Holley National Hot Rod Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusty Knutts, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Rusty Knutts

Rusty Knutts

Guys the word around BG is it's been canceled? Hope not?

2. primed34

primed34

It's been canceled as of today. Just got my entry stuff today too. Just one of those days that has highs and lows.

3. Like we didn't see that one coming :rolleyes: Governor dropped the state back to no more than 10 people at a gathering today. Oh well. 2020 is officially a shit show ;) anybody wanna buy a car?? Not like i need it.... :(

4. the-rodster

the-rodster

But Beatersville is still a go?

5. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

And NSRA Street rod Nationals still a go?

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

How can the NSRA Nats still be a go? Its in the same state as Bowling Green that has the Hot Rod Reunion just cancelled? The same COVID - 19 retrictions apply. No gatherings of more then 10 people and a face mask required for all Kentuckians. Can't imagine holding an event of any kind living up to those restrictions. Saw a news report yesterday regarding the Kentucky State Fair and the Kentucky Derby that the Louisville Mayor and the Governor will make decision to cancel as the opening date gets closer. I guess the NSRA is trying to make a buck in spite of event killing restrictions. What kind of turnout could they possibly expect?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    i.rant and da34guy like this.
  7. the-rodster

the-rodster

The Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum officials announced today the cancellation of the 2020 Holley National Hot Rod Reunion presented by AAA Insurance at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, Ky.

“We made this difficult decision as we see the effects this pandemic is having on our country, fans, sponsors, and racers,” said museum executive director Martin Betz. “We believe this is the right decision given the escalation of COVID-19 cases in the state of Kentucky and the restrictions implemented by the state and Warren County.”

“For 17 years, Beech Bend Raceway has hosted the Holley National Hot Rod Reunion,” said Dallas Jones track owner. “As much as we didn’t want to cancel this popular event, the health and safety of our fans, participants, and staff is our number one priority during these difficult times. We look forward to a bigger and better event in 2021.”

47ragtop likes this.
  8. Gman0046

Gman0046

The Hot Rod Reunion cancelling is an event that will be missed. Expect the NSRA Nats and Beatersville to be the next events to be cancelled.

The COVID - 19 new cases are at an all time daily high. Its not something to be messed with.

Nitroholic likes this.
  9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

You know he moved beatersville out of L'ville don't you?

10. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

This will be interesting to see if Vern Walker comes to his senses and cancels the NSRA Nationals

11. the-rodster

the-rodster

Well I do now.

30 minutes closer!

12. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I'm here for ya man!!!