Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. IMG_0333.JPG

https://images.app.goo.gl/qkRJXKqmxgbg7XXPA

Since dodge stepside fenders are next to impossible to find up here, can I see what these would look like please.

In this color? IMG_2121.JPG

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

3. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

'53-'59 Ford step-side fenders are available, for example. Screenshot_20200715-192601_Chrome.jpeg

4. I just wasn’t going to mention that...I can get a brand new set of them cheap...I’m still looking for dodge ones.

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  5. I have thought of the Ford ones, I’m on a budget so working with what I can find cheap. I have a line on two other step side trucks that may work out, thought the GM ones may be a cheap alternative if they looked decent. I know where there is a brand new set sitting that will be dirt cheap. If it offends someone maybe one of the guys could pm me with a photoshop. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    Peanut 1959 likes this.
  6. Really digging the first pic with the chrome slots over all the renditions so far. Can I talk you into doing that with a pinner whitewall please? Got to be sure before I spend the loot! THX

Rot 'n Kustom likes this.
  7. I was wanting the Chev fender on the 57 Fargo with the whole thing that green! Thanks again!

8. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

If you go this way, please post a photo. I'd like to see how close my rendering came to the real thing!

32 Sedan 08 pinner.jpg

9. Absolutely I will. I think it's between this^^^^^^^^^^^^ and chrome reverse type wheels. Gonna be a tough call just on the renderings. THX!!! 32 green.jpg

10. NICE!!

11. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here is one in white with '57 Chevy fenders. I believe these fenders are available in fiberglass, too.
    1957 Fargo 12.jpg

themoose and Peanut 1959 like this.
  12. The dodge ones are available in fiberglass as well but at $1000 Canadian plus shipping they are out of the budget for now

13. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

The problem I see is that I think the wheel lip treatment has to be similar front and back or they look strange.

14. Well considering Dodge used the same fenders from ‘53-‘85 they don’t match anything they are on! Hence why I wanted to see the later Chevy ones, never know

15. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

16. Thanks but that’s $600 us, so $800 Canadian plus shipping. I’ll fix some that I have if I have too, but they are bad...

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  17. One final request if I may? Chrome SS Cragars with pinner whites please. Much appreciated! wheels.jpg

18. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last week, on the F.A.S. I posted a "self portrait" (the thumbnail) that I did back in college...got a really lousy grade on it...go figure:(

Anyway, I also did this self portrait back college of me and my '35 Ford PU which I drove (when it ran) all through college . Unfortunately it got some water damage over the years...don't know if it can be cleaned up...thought I would post it here and see if anyone can do anything to repair/improve it.

100_4975.jpg

Attached Files:

• 1.1.jpg
      1.1.jpg
      File size:
      283.2 KB
      Views:
    Sancho likes this.

19. fargo.jpg

Sancho, madfish and Dick Stevens like this.
  20. Thanks moose!! Not bad actually...

21. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Jack,
    I love the self portrait - maybe a little R. Crumb inspiration? Anyway, I dig the truck with you in back. Nice composition. I cleaned it up and used a bit of intuition filling in the blanks.
    Jack Murphy 01.jpg

22. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW Dave !!! That looks GREAT...amazing work...can't even tell where you touched it up. Thanks so much. And thanks for the kind words.

You nailed it on R. Crumb. Below is my post on last weeks F.A.S....and giving R. Crumb full credit for the style
    In one of my "life drawing" classes back in college, one of our assignments was a Self Portrait. Needless to say, my Prof. was not impressed with my R.Crumb inspired rendering

Not auto related...but thought some would be interested in seeing my interpretation of how I "gitter done":p [​IMG]

Thanks again

Jack

Peanut 1959 and Rot 'n Kustom like this.
  23. @themoose, can you please make this green? For comparison sake? Thanks!

[​IMG]

Same color as this just with the stock fenders.
    [​IMG]

And if you can put cragar ss on both as well please.

24. verde742

verde742

Maybe put the left fender on the right side AND right fender on Left side..?
    love the color

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    WB69 likes this.
  25. That picture was the day I brought it home, hence the box not sitting level.

26. fargo2.jpg fargo3.jpg

27. Thanks again

28. GraeffSS

GraeffSS

Lately I have been with some Willys Aeros in my mind, so here are 2 pictures.

The first is more of a prompt. It's one of the prototypes for the Brazilian Aero, let's imagine this one was actually released (maybe around '56) in the US. How would you guys build it as a late 50's or early 60's styled custom?

The second one is the actual Brazilian Aero (post facelift), i always thought the front end doesn't match the rear very well (like a 50's front in a early 60's car), let's try to change that. For this one i kind of have some idea of what to do:
    Make it into a 2 door sedan (keeping the roofline, while slanting the windshield a little)
    Section the body (maybe 2.5 or 3")
    Move the headlights into the grill, keeping the turn signals (like a Oo oO arrangement), then moving the grill and bumper up and adding a valance. (The overall result should resemble a '63 Pontiac Tempest).

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I made too big of a request. BrooksStevensWillys_35.jpeg images.jpeg

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I took the Willys design study and made a few alterations. I kept the cool headlight eyebrows, but changed the grille opening and hood flow. Added a small finned rear and changed the side trim to visually lengthen the body. Shoot some custom paint, put on whitewalls and lakes pipes and you are ready to go.

Willlys Brazil Final.jpg