Register now to get rid of these ads!

grandkids

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul, Jul 9, 2012.

1. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

My kids are 14.16.18yrs old & I'll be DAMNED if i want any of them to repoduce!:D any body wanna trade 3 teens for a cute (2-5YR)GRAND BABY?

2. Big_John

Big_John
    from Upstate NY

This was from a couple years ago.

[​IMG]

His shirt....

[​IMG]

And from this weekend, clowning around while we were buying his first set of hockey skates!

[​IMG]

olscrounger likes this.
  3. Just found out I'm gonna be a granddaddy for the 4th time,,Veda is 4,Matthew is 13 and Hannah is 16 and driving!:eek: HRP

ct1932ford and hotrodharry2 like this.
  4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HRP, I almost choked on my chewing gum! Your Granddaughter and my oldest Niece could easily be mistaken for the same person!! I was wondering why you were posting pics of her!!

I have no kids and never will (I can't bet that cruel to the world), but I have two little sisters, one who is Very into the Trad car world. She already has her own 64 Falcon!!:)

Doc.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. pecker head

pecker head

6. oldsfrench

oldsfrench
    from France

F86438B2-DB72-4FFF-BA05-3EDF9F04BEE8.jpeg Here is my grand kid named Léana
    She is five soon and enjoy her car everytime she come in

7. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Here's 1 of my grandson's, at 2 he decided to help wash the '40! No coaxing! He's 5 now, lost his Daddy recently and spends days here and often nights. IMG_1519.JPG IMG_0620.JPG

8. How did I miss this thread! I really LOVE grandkids. Here's a few pictures of my four. Don't worry they don't touch anyone else's cars, just mine. lol From my oldest down. Eli, Emme, Christian, and Ruthie. Christian is a real Hot Rod Nut! He's the one driving the little red roadster. Here's them today playing with their slot cars. They're growing way too fast! Ron......... 192.jpg 20160629_120229.jpg 134.jpg 042.jpg 189.jpg 152.jpg 270.jpg 483.jpg

9. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

My grandsons are 26 and 28 and are no longer "cute". One's and EMT and the other is a FedEx driver. The FedEx driver has OT car with a Roush motor.

10. Gman0046

Gman0046

11. Old thread, the expected grandchild didn't go full term and interestingly enough my grandson turned 21 today. HRP

12. Turnipseed

Turnipseed

20190420_100423.jpg 20190420_095626.jpg My grandkids in the T-bucket. And just the grandson.

13. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Grand kids at 42, none have my genes, a 20, 28, and 30. In a year a great grand father I'll be. Maybe twice in one year. Most fun I had with them was letting them play with Alf the retriever and getting all full of hair and sending them home..:D

14. perk03

perk03
    from VA

15. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bonnie and I never had kids...so this is as close to grandkids as we'll ever get:eek: ratty.jpg

16. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is my one and only, Ezri. I will make her a car girl.
    upload_2020-7-20_12-54-4.png

17. atch

atch

The first 35 pix are now 8 years old. Those very young chilluns are now teens or just about teens. Any of them wrenching now? Any current pix of how they look more grown up?

Sherry and I have 6; ages 4 - 12. I don't think that a one of them has any interest in hot rods. The one sil who's a gearhead is only into Camaros, Novas, Corvettes, etc. The son who is a quasi gearhead only cares about rice rockets. Not my fault; he's a stepson and his father is a hot rodder. I'll blame the dad for failing with the son.

I saw the daughter who's married to the muscle car fella over the weekend. As a teenager going to shows with me she was able to tell you what just about any old car was. She told me she's been away from hot rods for so long she's forgotten most of that knowledge.

hotrodharry2 likes this.
  18. Sorry, Did not realize it was that old a thread. My niece is 21 today also.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

19. Hmm, your grandson looks suspiciously like a certain Rat Fink.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Groan...Last count, I have 22 grandchildren. Birthdays are like a TALL stack of bills.
    How'd that happen? Let's see...
    First wife was deliriously pretty, we had a girl then a boy. ('62, '63)
    Second wife was also a 'looker', we had 5 sons. (FIVE sons) Beginning in 1969, ending in 1976.
    Third and forever wife, (gorgeous) we have 2 daughters, born in '83 and '88.
    Sooo... all in all, 22 grandchildren. Not bad, for starters...

21. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Dat's a cutie!

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  22. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmmm... Ya know...back in '93 at Bob Moscoffian's New England Summer Nationals, Bonnie and I had dinner with Ed Roth and spent several hours chatting with him. Do you suppose something might have "happened" when I left them alone, and went to the bathroom ?:eek:

23. Well, it was Ed Roth and anyone who knew him would probably tell you not to leave him alone for any length of time. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  24. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holy crap Mike...9 kids ?:eek:
    Sound like you spent a good portion of your life horizontal;)

25. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW!!!!!------So many cuties to view!-----I have6 Grandkids---AND 4 great ones!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  26. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-8-12_5-45-15.png They grow up so fast…

Hello,

My wife and I are/were fortunate to be labeled the primary grandparents for our granddaughter. From the time she was 6 months old, she spent all day and night with us. Those single days ended up being 5-6 days a week. So, where were the parents? They both had just started new jobs and were involved so much that their hours did not always coordinate with being present all day and night. So, my wife and I were happy to step in and help. The new generation parents had to make a living and the old grandparents retired early just to be with our new granddaughter.

The long journey began and is still going strong, today, despite the teenage years and the pandemic getting in the way. Memories are/were documented by thousands of hours of digital photos and movies. The current crop of GRANDKIDS will have a ton of old photos to peruse when they are our age. All neatly saved in digital external hard drives and for some, in the cloud.

upload_2020-8-12_5-45-43.png favorite flame paint scheme

It was a delight from start to the current times as we are all locked in place. But, we see each other on weekly Facetime conferences and sometimes before this last directive, we used to see each other from the whole length of the front yards to keep our social distancing in place. It is a whole new world for all of us, but to be a teenager during this growing up time seems super difficult.

What if it had happened back in 1958 and lasted two years? That whole hot rod/drag race culture would be missing for us, in those productive years. High school shenanigans? Missing... Home school without an computers or on line learning? Home school from my mom? Ha! We already got a wind fall of her philosophy, let alone 7 hours of daily school work bearing down on us. Cruising? No way, the private telephone lines would have been bursting at the seems.

A tiny Westside of Long Beach house for two big teenage kids? Having to listen to our mom 100% of the day? If the backyard garage were not refurbished to garage specs, it was a getaway Rumpus Room for us. But, if it did not have a garage door, our room was just a ping pong table and some couches. That would have been awful and history would have just blown by all of us.

Jnaki

Now, our granddaughter is 5 feet 7 inches tall, athletic, an outstanding dancer, smarter than all of us, (well maybe not all of us) and growing up fast, during this pandemic that slaps all of us in the face. She will work through this different teenage year(s) and be stronger for it. She is a daily person that takes wearing a mask on her neighborhood walks, seriously. She is healthy and we hope we all make it through this crisis. Keep your relationship with your Grandkids close, as they are the future.

Our granddaughter is 15 and has decided that in a few years, will be going to college in So Cal. So, that will make it easier for her parents and for us, old grandparents. Hot rods? She still likes that red Ford Falcon Convertible that she has seen in her neighborhood since she was 5 years old. The rumble, the look, the cool stance and feel/sound, when it drove by the garage as we were out there playing, was a sight to see. She would stop any work or play just to watch the Red Falcon Convertible cruise by her house. Of course, she always waved to the Falcon convertible.
    upload_2020-8-12_5-46-15.png High school dreams or first car for college? Those little toddlers brains were going 1000 mph all day and night, so, who know? Cruising with her teenage friends down PCH to her favorite South Laguna Beach area shoreline? A strong possibility...

27. RMONTY

RMONTY