Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help! 1951 Plymouth Power Rack and Pinion

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by IIChileII, Jun 16, 2020.

1. IIChileII

IIChileII

hey folks.
    I have been busy working on my 1974 K5, that my 51 plymouth was left alone for a couple months. Im ready to start getting it back together but i need your help. I know this information is out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im looking for the measurements on building the bracket and support for a rack and pinion on a 1951 plymouth. I remember seeing a post regarding someones 1951 chevy and he had all the measurements listed and it was awesome information. But for some wierd reason, i cant find it anywhere. Please Help!
    Im stuck at this crucial point in my build and do not want to half ass it. Thanks again HAMB Fam

2. mrsclunker

mrsclunker

What R&P are you using ? I used a Cavalier R&P on my '40 (very similar front end to your 51) . I fabricated my own brackets to tie into the frame.

3. George

George

yeah, seems there's Threads on the Cavalier into the 46-48 Plyms & the '51 is pretty much the same.

4. brading

brading

5. brading

brading