Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ryan - History of the HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 14, 2020.

1. CruZer

CruZer

That's correct. I'm member 72 but I was single digit when this all got rolling. Ryan did a story in the first Jalopy Journal featuring my yellow 40 Ford coupe. The article was titled "Lost in Heaven"

Outback, Sancho and VANDENPLAS like this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

totally remember that. That was pre-H.A.M.B.

Prolly my first story ever?

3. Rckt98

Rckt98

Any chance of re telling that story?

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  4. slickscustoms

slickscustoms

I remember finding the hamb a long time ago. I think I originally signed up under the user name slickskustoms but I forgot my login and had to create a new account in 08. I also have been thinking about this a lot lately..... wasn't it the HONKEY ASS message board originally??

5. slickscustoms

slickscustoms

I see my number now... 67616

6. can anyone tell me what my number is?
    My phone wont show it.
    THANKS!

WHY BE ORDINARY ?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. j hansen

j hansen

8. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I’ve been to every H.A.M.B. drags since the beginning but it was years later when I actually joined I to this day do not own a computer nor internet in my house I joined back on I think 07 maybe not sure but I always went to my parents house every Tuesday for dinner and would check in on the H.A.M.B. because they had internet and a computer I’m still not computer savvy at all but I manage to fumble through this stuff lol I would rather save my coin that internet and computer cost for car parts sorry Ryan no offense or anything but vintage car parts are way more important than internet so I use my phone and the app so I have no idea on my number nor when my join date was if you feel it’s important you can tell me in the mean time I’m goin back to the garage I gotta get the 49 Chevy car hauler done so I can haul my afx car to the drags or my front engine digger or my willys pickup or hell I can’t remember all of them out in the back lol

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Outback, Tman, AHotRod and 1 other person like this.
  9. loudbang

loudbang

@wrenchbender If you are not joking around with us your join date is Sept. 5th 2007 and number is 38672

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. moparboy440

moparboy440
    from Finland

2002 Front page:
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55, Sancho, Tman and 2 others like this.
  11. 5window

5window

I've got to admire a man who has avoided the internet.I've succumbed to the sickness, but still want paper bills and statements. Online money transactions,etc. are not "easy" they're dangerous. But, JMTC. Have a good day in your shop.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  12. I'm confused, how can Ryan be #3 ? Is there no # 1 & 2 ?

48fordnut and loudbang like this.
  13. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Yes loudbang I’m not joking and thanks for the info

chryslerfan55, AHotRod and loudbang like this.
  14. 5window

5window

Maybe he waited to see if it would be worth signing up? :)

15. Yep seems like yesterday i cranked on , still new stuff everyday to read '"

48fordnut and loudbang like this.
  16. 5window

5window

We still like you,anyway. :)

17. I remember exchanging e-mails with Ryan well before the HAMB. At one point before painting my coupe, this photo was on the Jalopy Journal in the days of static HTML, complete with chalk flames on the fenders inspired by my 4 year old daughter playing in the driveway with her chalk.
    McPhail_Inspired.jpg

I know that I had joined the HAMB on the first go around, but didn't join the second time until 2007 and lurked a couple of years before posting anything. Looks like I am 33,960.

18. Just a WAG on my part but possibly has something to do with this being the third version of the JJ/HAMB. HRP

19. From @Ryan himself:
    "First real member was Junebug from the Dirty Shirt Company, but he hasn't been around for years... Members #1 through #3 is the HAMB back door used for administration only. Member #4 is my fake account that I use to register people that have problems doing so themselves..."
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/who-was-the-first.5505/

20. chopped

chopped

4199 When you ran the street rod stuff site out of town I had to go somewhere. Found out I wasn't the streetrod type anyway.

Outback, AHotRod and loudbang like this.
  21. 2muchstuff

2muchstuff
    from Eastern KS

Wow - number 2302. Parking lot speed racing at the hamb drags, KC speed and power, Hamb BBQ with NoSurf. Where did all the time go??

Outback, AHotRod, Tman and 1 other person like this.
  22. So happy to be here. Thank you for including me. I'm not nearly as talented as half the membership here. I do think that I make up for that in sheer determination! Thank you Ryan!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, AHotRod and loudbang like this.
  23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

24. Some fun times, 20 years worth

loudbang likes this.
  25. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I think I am #237. Which just means I am old. This Apple based computer does not display the number like the Windows units I used in the past. When the school I taught at got internet service in the library, I was so amazed. The whole world was at my fingertips. Over 50 years ago, during the last year of service in the U S Navy, I decided I wanted to learn everything about everything. I still feel that way and this machine has been a way for me to pursue that goal, although I tend to forget most of what I read today.

Lepus, chryslerfan55, AHotRod and 2 others like this.
  26. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

16 year old post - ahhh history.

19 years....#282

27. chryslerfan55, AHotRod, Baumi and 3 others like this.